Red Dots on Handguns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Eyeballs! CLICK SIR!!! Ooorah that motivating Vortex Venom!!!

My eyeballs are about as good as a mole's ... underground. At night. And he's an old mole who can't find his glasses. It surely sucks to be getting old, but it beats hell out of the alternative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use red dots exclusively in Steel Challenge for both rifle and pistol.
Not all of them are created equal. I've always shot a Bushnell Trophy tube type on my .22RF Mark III hunter with MZ brake. Decided to upgrade to a Burris Fast Fire III. Shot 500 rounds in practice, and later in two matches. It sucked.
Put the Bushnell back on, and life is good.
Shooting the Burris, I couldn't get out of C class scoring levels. Shooting the Bushnell, it's A class.

What did you end up doing with the Burris?

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
6 years ago, when I first had an RMR added to my G17, I used to shoot at the computerized "Rogers Range" at USSA. It would show targets from behind no shoots for as many seconds as you programmed. Ranged from 7 to 25 yards.

The first day with the red dot my time improved by 30%, and my hit percentage also went up by 30%.

I have had an RMR on all my defensive handguns ever since.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dru asked me if I carry the Glock 19 with the RMR. I think I going to leave in on 9 hrs a day, every day, till the battery gives to see how long it last. If that is an extended period (I don't trust what the manufacturer claim's bat life is) I'll look for a carry holster that will allow that and put on some suppressor sights.
I have a kydex paddle holster but not a fan of paddles.

Ugh. It's okay to just call me Joel. I hate the nick name "Dru"...

I betcha F3Holsters can hook you up with a holster, he's a member here. Chr-ed I think. Something like that. If you can't find it exactly, let me know and I will.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ugh. It's okay to just call me Joel. I hate the nick name "Dru"...

I betcha F3Holsters can hook you up with a holster, he's a member here. Chr-ed I think. Something like that. If you can't find it exactly, let me know and I will.

Ha! Wanted to keep your anonymity. Joel it is. Just kept misspelling druryj.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My eyeballs are about as good as a mole's ... underground. At night. And he's an old mole who can't find his glasses. It surely sucks to be getting old, but it beats hell out of the alternative.

You remember at Edson Range, how we would blacken the front sight with those smudge pots? Unless it is cloudy and overcast, the glare is significant. I thought about those smudge pots.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You remember at Edson Range, how we would blacken the front sight with those smudge pots? Unless it is cloudy and overcast, the glare is significant. I thought about those smudge pots.

Oh yeah, of course I remember those things. Made us think we were hot shizz too didn't it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom