Red Flag Alert

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its been my astute observation that there are both left and right leaning people in small numbers that are against guns. Maybe the left has a higher percentage but thats not been my experience. Some of my good friends are stanch liberals and they own more guns that I do. Hell there are many liberals in the closet on this forum but they are gun people too. You may know who they are but they do not talk about it.
Closet liberals are funny.

Those are the common people I mentioned but point out 1 strong pro-gun member of congress or Dimocrat prez candidate. There are a few pro-gun Dimocrat members of congress but not strong enough or brave enough to go against the party line. Right now looks like Warren will most likely be the Dim candidate. Biden is leading the polls but not by much and Warren's supporters are more enthused which means more likely to vote.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just thinking out loud here but what if it looks like a certainty that red flag laws will pass the senate and an enterprising senator attaches something like the Hearing Protection Act and/or SBR deregulation to the bill? It would act either as a poison pill or at the very least neutralize the loss of ground for gun rights. That’s the most infuriating thing about Trump wanting to pass gun control. We all know the democrats will pass any step against gun rights. Why give up ground now when you don’t have to? That’s just unnecessarily moving the firewall back against our end of the field.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I might be an idiot then. No politician would touch that legislation unless he or she was ready to retire from politics because it would be a career killer.

Normally I'd agree with you, but have you seen how many Republicans are voluntarily leaving their offices this cycle? They're just flat out fleeing. This is the first time since 1994 that I honestly believe enough Republicans will cave to pass this crap. I know I certainly don't trust Langford to vote no in the Senate! :(

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone have any letters written that they can post and we can use as examples?
Take some of the comments in this thread you agree with and compose a response, or use the block statements that the NRA or GOA are sending in.
I honestly don't think the person representing us in Congress ever see's a single letter no matter how passionate it is written. There are staffers that read them and have a box to check.....for or against and the final number is what the legislator see's.
I have no actual proof of that, but when I see the ignorance of some of them regarding technical issues with firearms and hunting, I have a gut feeling they have never educated themselves and just go along with party line unless there is overwhelming response that might result in them not getting re-elected, then they will flip-flop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom