Red River gun range 11/16/17 with Kimber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ran down to red river indoor range for lunch and had a great time and for me, great result.
Pic one is the first 10 rounds at 10 yards using Federal 230 grain ball ammo.
Pic two is 20 rounds at 10 yds same ammo
Pic three is my favorite as it's 10 rounds at 20 yards and I'll take this any day.
Tried to get the Chip McCormick 10 round mags in the picture but cut them off for room
I've heard so many bad thing about the CM's particularly in the Kimber.
They are great. I've ran quite a few rounds with no problems. Getting the 10th rounds in is a breeze. Super fit and works top shelf.
Picked up two of them for 30 bucks a piece. Have not shot hollow points through them yet but plan to do so this weekend and will report.
Red River range is located in Sherman Texas and if you're in the area, check them out. Great people, great range and great prices. (Sorry about the one pic sideways.)
Kim red river 10 yds 10 rnds 1.JPG
Kim red river 10 yds 20 rds 2.JPG
Kim red river 20 yds 10 rds 3.JPG

Last edited:

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good shooting, especially with Federal 115 grain (9mm) ball ammo in a .45 ACP!! Glad the 10rd MC mags worked for you. They were not reliable in my old Warrior.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good shooting, especially with Federal 115 grain (9mm) ball ammo in a .45 ACP!! Glad the 10rd MC mags worked for you. They were not reliable in my old Warrior.
I was worried about that when I bought one to try out. I worked so good I bought another one at a good price.
I've run both pretty hard to see if I had a problem, but none so far. I've kept it shooting the same ammo all this time to get the feel. It's just about where I think it's broke in and will be trying different ammo and grain. Haven't tried any hollow point yet, so I guess I'll find out in a day or so.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks pretty good. I'm another one who had issues with those CM mags before. I just use Metalforms or Wilsons and all is well. As far as feeding, chambering, locking, firing, extracting, ejecting, etc is concerned anyway...as far as accuracy, well, can't blame the mags for everything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom