Red Rock Firearms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great news, we need to organize an eat n shoot soon!

Oh yeah, I’m all in. Great to see another range open up for us! I’m excited to take a road trip.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I chatted with them about it briefly last fall and they were very receptive to the idea. I'll try to get by there soon ... maybe later this week ... to talk about it again. Haven't been in since the indoor range was opened, so I need to go check it out! They're great people!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I chatted with them about it briefly last fall and they were very receptive to the idea. I'll try to get by there soon ... maybe later this week ... to talk about it again. Haven't been in since the indoor range was opened, so I need to go check it out! They're great people!

They are good people. Don, let me know what I can do on my end. If we set something up, I’ll go up the night before and stay with mom and dad so I’ll be available.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still have not been up there. Had tentative plans to go both last Thursday and Friday and, well, you know ... life gets in the way. Do they have any idea when the indoor range will be open?
The better half and I drove by once, mostly to see where it is, but IIRC, it was closed that day. From what we saw, it was a very decent set-up.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So let's pick a date and do it! How can I help?
The first step, I think is for someone to contact Red Rock and set a date. The second step is to make it known on here.

A question, if I might: Kim, my audiologist has said that she would like to attend one of our ENS gatherings along with her husband and son. She is not an OSA poster. That wouldn't be a problem here, would it?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The first step, I think is for someone to contact Red Rock and set a date. The second step is to make it known on here.

A question, if I might: Kim, my audiologist has said that she would like to attend one of our ENS gatherings along with her husband and son. She is not an OSA poster. That wouldn't be a problem here, would it?
Heck no problem at all Gary. The more the merrier! Don, can you check on a date that might work for the range? I know the do CC classes, beginner classes and women’s classes so they are pretty busy.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm gonna' go by there today or tomorrow. They keep that range pretty busy with classes and hosting various groups, so I want to sit down with them and their calendar and find some possible dates. They post a calendar on their web site, but they don't update it very far in advance. I'll hopefully have some possible dates before the weekend. As far as eats, I'm thinking maybe WeeToo (they close at 2:00PM) or Blaze's Barbeque. Both are fairly close to the range, and have room to seat a large group. If those of you who are familiar with Enid have some other ideas, please chime in. I chose those two because of their close proximity and seating capacities, but am certainly open to other options!

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
POSSIBLE DATES

I talked with Doug and Kristin this afternoon and they pulled out their calendar and we got some dates. Through the end of June, here are the possibilities:

May 25th (Saturday)
May 26th (Sunday)
June 2nd (Sunday)
June 30th (Sunday)

The July calendar is pretty much wide open right now, if we want to wait that long.

Now, the rest of the story. They normally don't open until 10:00AM. If we'd like, they will open up around 8:00 or so, and we would not possibly have any competition for the first couple of hours. They said Sundays don't usually get busy until the 'after church' crowd starts coming in anyhow. They have a large classroom, where they will be glad to have coffee available, and where we can accomplish registration and whatever else (like greetings/safety briefing) prior to shooting. I told them I was sure a lot of people would like to take advantage of both the indoor and outdoor ranges (if the weather is good), and they said they will make us a package deal ... access to both ranges and use of the classroom for no more than ten dollars per shooter for four hours. So, we could do 8 to 12, or 9 to 1, or whatever works best for everybody.

So, what say you OSA?!?!?!?!

It just occurred to me ... I am not dismissing the possibility of an afternoon shoot! They are open until 7:00PM and their indoor range IS air conditioned!
We could have lunch and then shoot if that works better!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom