Red Rock Firearms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Eat first or after the shoot is the question for the time. I’m only an hour and change away, so I’m good with whatever the consensus is.

How true. My thought was coffee and doughnuts beforehand, shoot, then lunch. Maybe I should have said that, huh?
@dlbleak and I had discussed this earlier, but maybe it was just between the two of us and not in public posts! I think 'somebody' wants to eat at WeeToo, which is fine, but keep in mind they close at 2PM ... breakfast and lunch only. Either way is fine with me. I'm like you ... let's hear what the rest would like to do.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The 2 o’clock thing could be an issue at the WeeToo. Isn’t there a pizza inn/hut where the Tijuana used to be?
Taco Bandito is awesome but not big enough for us especially after the church crowd gets there.
There’s Lottaburger? Blaze BBQ?

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That Pizza Inn already went out of business. WeeToo and Blaze's Barbecue were my two choices, simply because they are the only two places nearby that could handle a large group (I HOPE we have a large group!). Blaze's has that big dining/meeting room where they could seat a bunch of people. The only issue might be the after church crowd, but I think if we let them know that morning roughly how many people we're gonna' have, they could have tables set up and ready for us. Or, as Dennis mentioned, we could eat first and then go shoot, so WeeToo's early closing time wouldn't be an issue. I'm open to either. Whatever the group prefers.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't care what time it starts either. Whatever you set is good for me. I'll be there and will have a *present for everyone who attends. This will be fun!

*(Seriously. A real one, a genuine honest to goodness present, not some chintzy-crap-thing nobody wants, but I'm keeping it a surprise so show up and see what it is or forever more wring your hands in despair at missing out on something pretty darn cool).

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, nuts! Blaze's BBQ and Lotta Burger are both closed on Sundays! I did confirm, for 100% certain, that Wee Too is open on Sundays until 2PM. So, unless somebody has some other ideas, I guess we'll work around Wee Too's hours. I was trying to stick with someplace reasonably close to the range, and someplace that I knew had enough seating.
@dlbleak ? @Okie4570 ? Anybody?

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I often wish I had a nicer more modern home. Then I see what folks have to go through just to go shooting whew!. Glad I can walk to my truck drive half mile open the gate and start shooting. now I did have someone poach a deer on the range it looks like though. have had to run off mushroom hunters who don't understand the term hot range lol

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
POSSIBLE DATES

I talked with Doug and Kristin this afternoon and they pulled out their calendar and we got some dates. Through the end of June, here are the possibilities:

May 25th (Saturday)
May 26th (Sunday)
June 2nd (Sunday)
June 30th (Sunday)

The July calendar is pretty much wide open right now, if we want to wait that long.

Now, the rest of the story. They normally don't open until 10:00AM. If we'd like, they will open up around 8:00 or so, and we would not possibly have any competition for the first couple of hours. They said Sundays don't usually get busy until the 'after church' crowd starts coming in anyhow. They have a large classroom, where they will be glad to have coffee available, and where we can accomplish registration and whatever else (like greetings/safety briefing) prior to shooting. I told them I was sure a lot of people would like to take advantage of both the indoor and outdoor ranges (if the weather is good), and they said they will make us a package deal ... access to both ranges and use of the classroom for no more than ten dollars per shooter for four hours. So, we could do 8 to 12, or 9 to 1, or whatever works best for everybody.

So, what say you OSA?!?!?!?!

It just occurred to me ... I am not dismissing the possibility of an afternoon shoot! They are open until 7:00PM and their indoor range IS air conditioned!
We could have lunch and then shoot if that works better!

I'm down for a Sunday as its my day off. Saturday I would have to take a vacation day.

*edit* Darn, didn't read the whole thread til after my post. Won't make it on the 2nd, will be out of town for that weekend :/

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Well, nuts! Blaze's BBQ and Lotta Burger are both closed on Sundays! I did confirm, for 100% certain, that Wee Too is open on Sundays until 2PM. So, unless somebody has some other ideas, I guess we'll work around Wee Too's hours. I was trying to stick with someplace reasonably close to the range, and someplace that I knew had enough seating.
@dlbleak ? @Okie4570 ? Anybody?

I don't see how the Wee Too wouldn't satisfy everyone, whether want breakfast food or dinner food, there's plenty of room and it's less than 10min from the range.

Latest posts

Top Bottom