REFERENCE for SMOKLESS POWDER SHOP in Austin Tx.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lewis F Jones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any on have any experience with the Smokeless powder shop in Austin Tx? They're new for me and since they say they have the IMR7977 I've been looking for locally here in Oklahoma for over a year, honestly their $250.00 min is kinda spooky. I've heard mostly good to great about this powder and since it's for my 700psI'd really like to try it compared to the 4350 I've been using forever in this rifle. Thx in advance.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I think they're hokey and FOS. Go to the FAQs and see how you have to pay:

Orders are typically shipped within 24 hours of receipt during business days. Please double check the part number and description. Most of our returns are due to mixed up part numbers. Due to our automated system, orders cannot be changed once they are placed. Online orders may be paid for with PayPal, Zelle, Cash App Apple Pay and Bitcoin. We don’t accept credit card at the moment.

That stinks of fraud because you can't really track it like you can with a CC and you don't have the backing of a bank like with a CC.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The address is hokey too. Google shows it as 6th Street Trading, maybe Smokeless Powder is an additional business. The address at the bottom of the contact page has a different address and an FFL number. It's for a John DeLeon, correct address but no issue or exp date on the FFL. Hokey. You can call them...I'll do that later today and maybe we'll see.

Jonny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it's too good to be true...

Some of the info on the site is conflicting. The whole website fits the cookie cutter scam site m.o.

Attachments

• 1635351433989.png
    1635351433989.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 1635351447738.png
    1635351447738.png
    14 KB · Views: 44

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't normally do such things, but if you were so inclined you could add your CC to your Apple Wallet (if you have an iPhone) and still use your CC, that is IF the merchant truly accepts Apple Pay.
Then your CC only tracks a transaction in Apple Pay, nothing else.

Lewis F Jones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guy's,

I really appreciate your quick response on this. Another website, CCIPrimers1, is similar and even have a similar set up for "chatting" with a representative. When I asked Smokeless Powder Shop for the total charge I was told by the representative that the hazmat fee and delivery charge of $20.00 were combined, I realize that $250 + a $20.00 hazmat /delivery charge may not sound like a lot of money until it's your own and especially when NOBODY else has any of the powder you're looking for. Till my local dealers have stock I'll just keep on working with whats working.

Gratetful for friends like Y'all,

Lewis F Jones,
Sapulpa, Oklahoma

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guy's,

I really appreciate your quick response on this. Another website, CCIPrimers1, is similar and even have a similar set up for "chatting" with a representative. When I asked Smokeless Powder Shop for the total charge I was told by the representative that the hazmat fee and delivery charge of $20.00 were combined, I realize that $250 + a $20.00 hazmat /delivery charge may not sound like a lot of money until it's your own and especially when NOBODY else has any of the powder you're looking for. Till my local dealers have stock I'll just keep on working with whats working.

Gratetful for friends like Y'all,

Lewis F Jones,
Sapulpa, Oklahoma
I've looked at cciprimers1 before, they're a little shady looking too. They pop up looking like an official CCI vendor, but not so much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom