Refurbished Smith &Wesson revolver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D V US

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up this S&W model 66-2 over the weekend and it really has me wondering. It's an old Oklahoma dept. of corrections service revolver. It has been completely stripped and the frame and barrel have been finished in a matte bead blasted look and fitted with a new polished cylinder. All the screws and pins were polished(see in front of the ejector rod) and new wood grips installed. The action is smooth and tight just like a new gun. Since all this was done it has remained unfired. Does anyone know if S&W does this kind of "refurbishment"? It looks and feels like a factory job as it was executed perfectly with no blurred lettering or rounded corners. I need input.
20171022_162242.jpg

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That doesn't appear to be a S&W bead blast refinish IMO. Any gunsmith or even the previous owner could have easily bead blasted the frame with the proper equipment. Glass beads are not abrasive enough to deface rollmarks and flatten edges which is why the gun appears the way that it does. Congrats on the new addition.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not even a revolver guy and I like it. Looks nice as hell. Those grips are a very nice contrast to the bead blast. Pretty sexy gun

D V US

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
emapples I tried that link but it's not working for me...
EDIT: Nevermind, I switched servers and it loaded fine. Thank you.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom