Reinforced Gun Belts in Oklahoma City?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boaty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a riggers belt i got online. Cheap $, very stiff, great belt, should last for ever. Maybe got thro Amazon? But u can find them at any surplus/millitary surplus/gear site. Very happy with mine.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to replace belts every 12-18 months. I've worn a Looper daily for the past 2 years and it has hardly any wear at all on it. I'm very impressed with the quality. If/when I ever wear this one out, I'll certainly buy another one.
My last 2 Looper belts failed after about a year of everyday use. Kydex broke.

I went to the reinforced 5.11 and have really liked it. But you have to make sure you get the one with double reinforcement. Some are cheesy, some are not.

Looper no longer sells direct to the public.

Special Ops on Portland has every model that 5.11 makes so you can see for yourself.

posted via Tapatalk

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had 3 looper belts that haven't lasted as long as one beltman belt I bought years ago.The beltman belt is 8 years old and looks better than the 2 year old looper belts.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought a new Wilderness belt 6 months ago.

I bought my very first one 9 years ago.

The only reason I bought a new one is because the hook velcro on the end finally quit adhereing to the loop part and then it came off completely.

If I cut the buckle off the old one and send it in with a new belt order, I'll save 10 bucks. :thumb:

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Mad Professor i am going to give an armourbelt a try.

Here is a picture of my standard 2 layer 1-1/2" gun belt showing the stiffness. It is pretty much my everyday belt. I also have the slightly thinner Dress belt, still in 1-1/2" that has the kydex stiffener option added. I use it with slacks and it works very well. If I'm wearing cargo shorts I sometimes wear my Wilderness instructors belt with a titanium buckle.

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160626_2f64147b0f5b71ae7886ca06e1cfb969.jpg

DavidWOwens

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been wearing a Crossbreed belt for over a year, zero issues. I also a looper I use every now & then, also no issues. The strongest belt I have is an I.C.E RAC (range and carry) that I got 2-3 years ago, but it appears they are no longer on their website

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk