Reloading data collection methods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use the labels that come in dies or bullets and stick them on the box.

When I get a load worked up, I mark it in my Hornady load manual, With powder lot#
A powder or bullet weight/type may be added
Yes I also make some notes in my manual. Powder substitutions and such.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not very sophisticated as some here.
Hand written notes in pencil. Masking tape with caliber and load on the finished boxes.

c18f06c0c907c63bac479fad46f10c20.jpg

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of these days I'll stop procrastinating and get one of those. It's ignorant of me not to have gotten one yet, considering I just began loading! I know, I know......

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of these days I'll stop procrastinating and get one of those. It's ignorant of me not to have gotten one yet, considering I just began loading! I know, I know......
Invaluable piece of equipment when shooting for long range. I have one of the caldwells. Had it at the range one day, and a guy asked if he could shoot his .223 across it. Told him to make sure he didn't shoot the equipment. He took a couple of shots, that I recorded on my phone, and his last one didn't' register. Happens occasionally. I started shooting again after he left, and nothing worked. Looked at the unit, and saw a skid mark across the pickup screen. His last round just skimmed and ruined the unit. Have no clue who he was.
I need to get another one.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Invaluable piece of equipment when shooting for long range. I have one of the caldwells. Had it at the range one day, and a guy asked if he could shoot his .223 across it. Told him to make sure he didn't shoot the equipment. He took a couple of shots, that I recorded on my phone, and his last one didn't' register. Happens occasionally. I started shooting again after he left, and nothing worked. Looked at the unit, and saw a skid mark across the pickup screen. His last round just skimmed and ruined the unit. Have no clue who he was.
I always worry about that

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got a caldwell with a messed up jack where the cord plugs in. They warrantied it and sent me a new one. I’ve got the messed up one at a buddies where he’s gonna try to solder a new jack in it someday. To bad you and I live so far apart or we might make one good one out of our two broken ones. If I buy another one, it’ll probably be the caldwell gen 2 with Bluetooth so there’s no cord to trip on or a magnetospeed.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got a caldwell with a messed up jack where the cord plugs in. They warrantied it and sent me a new one. I’ve got the messed up one at a buddies where he’s gonna try to solder a new jack in it someday. To bad you and I live so far apart or we might make one good one out of our two broken ones. If I buy another one, it’ll probably be the caldwell gen 2 with Bluetooth so there’s no cord to trip on or a magnetospeed.

Magneto speed probably the next purchase for me as it can also do shotgun which all others can't do accurately. If you want mine, I'll give it to you. It's the corded model and might work with bluetooth. It's been so long I don't remember but the basic collection part of mine doesn't work so it's only good for parts.
Let me know and I'll send it to you when I feel it's safe to go to the post office. We are pretty much homebound now unless we go to friends that live in the country and have stayed at home like we have.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Magneto speed probably the next purchase for me as it can also do shotgun which all others can't do accurately. If you want mine, I'll give it to you. It's the corded model and might work with bluetooth. It's been so long I don't remember but the basic collection part of mine doesn't work so it's only good for parts.
Let me know and I'll send it to you when I feel it's safe to go to the post office. We are pretty much homebound now unless we go to friends that live in the country and have stayed at home like we have.
Re reading that, I can take the jack out of mine and send it to you if that is the only issue with yours. Goes into an small manila envelope that we can just put some stamps on.
We ordered and received a butt load of stamps the other day so we don't have to get out.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know the little load data labels that come inside almost all boxes of bullets ?......after determining a pet load I fill those out and put them inside my die box.

Latest posts

Top Bottom