Reloading FAQs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Dillon 650 primer feed is a pile of junk. The Dillon 550 primer system runs like a dream. Twice as simple and less moving parts. Its the primer system the 650 SHOULD have had.
They went back to the shuttle system on the 750. It works great.

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Dillon 650 primer feed is a pile of junk. The Dillon 550 primer system runs like a dream. Twice as simple and less moving parts. Its the primer system the 650 SHOULD have had.
I have a 550 and an old 650 that I rebuilt in my garage. The 650 is used primarily for 9mm. I have very little problem with the primer feed system on the 650. I think there has been 2 primers miss fed in the last 5000 reloads. one of those could have been me putting the primer in upside down. A few things I don’t like are you have to manually advance the rotor 6-8 slots to get the first primer positioned right. After the low primer alert goes off you can load another 13 rounds before you run out of primers.

Snake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 550 and an old 650 that I rebuilt in my garage. The 650 is used primarily for 9mm. I have very little problem with the primer feed system on the 650. I think there has been 2 primers miss fed in the last 5000 reloads. one of those could have been me putting the primer in upside down. A few things I don’t like are you have to manually advance the rotor 6-8 slots to get the first primer positioned right. After the low primer alert goes off you can load another 13 rounds before you run out of primers.
Well you are lucky then. My 650 seems to misfeed every dozen or so rounds. I use a flip tray so I know they aren't upside down. It acts like its out of sync or something. If it was any good they would have carried it over to the 750. They didnt. Went to a 550 style.

Latest posts

Top Bottom