Reloading for Idiots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live just south of piedmont. I would be in for this. I reload pistol stuff with no problem. but I have trouble with rifle stuff. resizing and everything. would love for someone to walk me through it.
What issues are you having?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live just south of piedmont. I would be in for this. I reload pistol stuff with no problem. but I have trouble with rifle stuff. resizing and everything. would love for someone to walk me through it.

Same offer as above. If you can get to Ponca, I have a setup for everything including shotshell. Be more than happy to walk you through centerfire rifle reloading.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just use and auto charge, have a bunch of cases primed and ready to go then pull the pan and drop the charge and setup for the next one. Maybe it was me or the plastic or the newness of the dispenser but the thing would throw weights up to three grains off. I didn't even want to trust it for a rifle round let alone a pistol. I ended up just weighing every single throw which took forever with the beam scale. I ended up trading off two dispensers and a scale I ended up with. Kept one for verifying a thing here or there but haven't felt the need to use it once so far. But a lot of it is personal preference as well what works for me and makes me happy may drive someone else crazy and vice versa.
If you have a dispenser with a plastic tube, be sure to wipe it down with a dryer softener towel to keep the powder from clinging to the plastic.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think idiots should be reloading ammo.

There are lot of folks reloading that need more information on techniques and tips vs being called an idiot.
There is a lot of info out there on the internet and in the books that I learned from, but one on one works better for some.

RedHawk357Mag

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If someone is looking to get started or needs a hand in the Duncan local area, I can get you started in the right direction. Single stage, rifle, pistol, and bullet casting. No shot gun equipment or experience loading shotgun.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. Do you have any equipment?
2. What do you want to reload?

I load rifle and pistol. Magnum and cowboy loads. Several calibers. Also, shotgun; 12 ga, 2 3/4 & 3" lead and steel, 16, 20, and .410.

You Tube is your friend. Tons of books out there.
I would be happy to help with questions or instructions.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am bringing this back to life. What about having a starter course at the next ENS? Plus I’d rather learn from you guys, than pay $$$ to people I am not sure know what they’re talking about.

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another question, can this be done (I mean setting up as my “reloading room”) in my uninsulated garage, or do I need to think about doing it inside? I’m thinking about hot/cold and humidity in the garage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom