Reloading Press Monitor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Harbor freight has the inspection cams for $80. they have a light and a small screen. Battery operated but you can convert to a wall adapter.

image_25756.jpg

Wall Mart shows the USB one for $20 but they are out of stock.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dillon has their audible alarm powder checker but costs you a station. Hornady has a version also I believe is called a powder cop but it also costs you a station. The Hornady has a rod that goes up if Powder is present so it’s still something you must look at but it’s simpler than looking into a case I reckon.
I have the powder cop die. Quit using it because it's easier to just look into the case mouth with proper lighting. After a couple hundred pistol rounds, it's tough to maintain concentration, so I take a break, and do something else for a bit like load a couple tubes of primers, stacking brass, etc. I don't have the auto brass or bullet loaders on the Hornady LNL AP. Do it all by hand. Once everything gets stationed on the loading bench, it's pretty easy to get into the rhythm and make the rounds fall into the bucket.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If there’s powder in my hopper and I hear/feel/see chargebar on measurer slide, the powder is in the case unless it’s runnin all over the press. I don’t check every case. Probably don’t check 80% of em. Only time I check is if I stopped my routine or if something didn’t feel/look/hear right.

Everyone has different ways of doing thing though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom