REMAKES?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not really a remake, but two different movies with the same title of "The Quick and the Dead." The one I like is the one that is a movie based off of a Louis L'Amour book and starring Sam Elliott. In it, Sam Elliott helps a couple and their son in dangerous times as the couple are heading west to a new homestead.

I just can't get into the other one that is about gunfights as a "sport" in a western town. I suppose most would prefer that one because it has more gunfights than the Sam Elliott one.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not really a remake, but two different movies with the same title of "The Quick and the Dead." The one I like is the one that is a movie based off of a Louis L'Amour book and starring Sam Elliott. In it, Sam Elliott helps a couple and their son in dangerous times as the couple are heading west to a new homestead.

I just can't get into the other one that is about gunfights as a "sport" in a western town. I suppose most would prefer that one because it has more gunfights than the Sam Elliott one.

I thought that it was stupid. They should have had Alec Baldwin in it, to shoot DiCrapio.

Chris Hayes

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still can’t believe they made a remake of True Grit with Jeff Bridges.

I haven’t watched it I gotta say but can’t be near as good as the original.
Great movie! Until I saw the new version with Bridges I was sure they couldn't top the Dukes version... IMHO, they made it better. Definitely worth seeing.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been noticing a new statement before the start of some of the older movies (especially westerns) describing that the presentation ‘may contain outdated cultural depictions’. I suppose that this to warn audiences that the may be exposed to male characters acting like men, possibly even portraying overt acts of patriotism, or actresses acting like women! OMG…..the HORROR!

Latest posts

Top Bottom