Remember Toxic Masculinity?---Dad Teaches Trans Son to Shave in Heartwarming New Gillette Ad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Blaming all Christians for trying to cover up and deny the child abuse in the Latin Church is like blaming all Muslims for Islamic terrorism. Except it’s worse, because Christians abhor and condemn child abuse and sexual immorality, while Muslims all over the world actually teach violence toward non-Muslims.

No. My point would be similar to condemning Omar talking about how much of a threat Trump is, but ignoring all the Islamic based hate and murder.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What has happened in the Catholic church is also a serious sin and sickness of evil. I think it is brought on by the arrogance of them forbidding priests not to marry. The bible says it is the doctrine of demons to forbid marriage (1 Timothy 4:1-3). If that were not enough, 1 Timothy 3:1-7 which specifically sets up the qualifications for overseer/deacon/bishop/pastor, it mentions specifically that he should have a wife and manage his family well. Does the Catholic church have serious problems? Yes. Is that to say that every Catholic Christian is bad? No. Does any of it reflect on Jesus? No. The people who did the evil along with the people who covered it up and continue to cover it up are the ones who own the blame.

You think it is illogical that God exists and I think it is illogical that He doesn't. I will tell you this, if you do not want Him, He will not force you. There are Christians that will push you for their own ego and pride, and there are ones you genuinely want you to have good information to consider. No one here is making you do anything. You can present your thoughts, and others can present theirs. Hopefully we can do so while showing each other common respect friend.

I agree with the arrogance of the church not allowing marriage being a huge contribution to their problems. But their arrogance seems to be status quo if you reference history.

Correction, I don't think it's illogical that god exists, I think the one you describe and the behavior of most of it's followers is illogical and constantly hypocritical.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with the arrogance of the church not allowing marriage being a huge contribution to their problems. But their arrogance seems to be status quo if you reference history.

Correction, I don't think it's illogical that god exists, I think the one you describe and the behavior of most of it's followers is illogical and constantly hypocritical.

I would suspect this is true only if one doesn't understand the Bible's teachings and that science has been unable to prove its theories.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Bible (Jesus himself) doesn't approve of divorce. Divorce causes multiple people to sin and impoverishes untold generations. If the Church took divorce too seriously, they'd lose 50% of their customers.
If they stay serious about the homos they only lose 4% of their customers. What should they do? The dullest pencil in the drawer can figure that out.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Bible (Jesus himself) doesn't approve of divorce. Divorce causes multiple people to sin and impoverishes untold generations. If the Church took divorce too seriously, they'd lose 50% of their customers.
If they stay serious about the homos they only lose 4% of their customers. What should they do? The dullest pencil in the drawer can figure that out.
I’m part of a local church that doesn’t have any assets or take any donations. We believe tithing is a Judaic command that God does not expect of anyone who doesn’t practice Judaism, and isn’t even possible today (show me an Aaronic priest and I’ll consider tithing). So no “customers” here. Individually we give generously to each other and to people in need outside the church.

We also teach, as the Bible instructs, that divorce is never God’s desire, that it is only permissible in cases of unrepentant or habitual infidelity, and that even when it is permitted, it’s better to stay married. And someone who has divorced or been divorced impermissibly commits adultery if they remarry someone other than their spouse. Minor note of interest: 50% of people being divorced is a false statistic.

Y’all (especially @JD8) talk about the Church as if it’s all one big homogenous human institution that’s centrally controlled and all the problems ever seen in the Church throughout history apply to every church that gathers now. I can’t help that the Roman Catholic Church covers up child abuse. I’m not part of that organization and I don’t even believe they teach Christianity (even though there are many Catholics who are Christians). Child abuse is wrong and anyone who tries to cover it up is wrong. I can say that. What else do you expect me to do? It’s a cynical fantasy to think most Christians hold anything but disgust and condemnation for any kind of child abuse. And using that as an excuse for calling us hypocritical when we speak against other sin and its influence on society is, at best, intellectually dishonest.

Last edited:

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would suspect this is true only if one doesn't understand the Bible's teachings and that science has been unable to prove its theories.
Well bless your heart.... thank you for providing some reference to what I've been saying.
Well at least you acknowledge that your position is based in ignorance. We’re getting somewhere.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The other part of this is you don’t even need to be a Christian or believe that transgenderism is sin to see how embracing and encouraging transgenderism is harmful both to the individuals suffering from it and society at large, especially because of the insidious tactics being used to promote it.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ethan, I have no desire to offend you personally and when I say "The" Church that pretty much means Mother Church The Church of Rome. There are plenty of good people in plenty of churches. There are country churches where nobody makes a dime. I've seen all this kind of stuff and people of faith should believe what they need to believe. I'm a pretty tolerant person in real life.

I make generalized statements about the clergy in general based upon what I've seen in general. Most people do that. This thread does that. The thread, I thought, was about LBGTQ and probably some other letters I don't know yet because I don't read the twitter. Most pedophilia has nothing to do with anybody's church. The point, addressed mostly to other people than you is that there is no link between pedophilia and "The Gay" The desire for Adults of the same sex does not transfer to the desire for children of either sex.

Most of those crimes are committed by straight people any way. It's kind of ridiculous for people to foresee the legalization of pedophilia, because it will always be wrong and it will fortunately always be illegal. The vast majority of people love kids, and kids have rights.
I don't know what your personal view of divorce is and don't particularly want to do. I'm completely in favor of legalized divorce, but as the Man said, it is a sin which also causes others to sin. It harms generations and a man is responsible for three generations. It arguably causes MORE societal harm than the reproductive dead end of Homoism. Arguably is what I'm saying arguably. I'm not flapping a big book at anybody. I'm just talking.
As for intellectual dishonesty, and hypocricy there's plenty of that going around and always has been.

Latest posts

Top Bottom