Remember Toxic Masculinity?---Dad Teaches Trans Son to Shave in Heartwarming New Gillette Ad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my opinion, there's probably a whole spectrum. Probably a lot of people perfectly fine with their decision, probably some that aren't. I just don't see anything out of the vast majority going... nah... sorry. Again, due to the factors named above.

I DO know that persecution way isn't the answer. You can't persecute perceived morality into a demographic and expect it to change them. Damning them and calling them sinful won't stop the behavior, it just doesn't work that way.

You articulate things way better than I do.....I agree with a big majority of the things you pointed out in this thread. I do believe tho that there will be a lot of regret for the folks that decide to transition or whatever the proper term is .

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You articulate things way better than I do.....I agree with a big majority of the things you pointed out in this thread. I do believe tho that there will be a lot of regret for the folks that decide to transition or whatever the proper term is .

I don't disagree, even to the point that I don't believe sex change operations should be conducted until 18. They can wear a dress or whatever, all they want until then. Sorry, too many hormones and growth going on and medically speaking, I think it's irresponsible. IF that's what they want, they can go get it (and pay for it) when they an adult. However, if it were my child I'd still support and love them instead of beating them over the head with a bible telling them "YoU AIn'T nORmaL."

Last edited:

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't disagree, even to the point that I don't believe sex change operations should be conducted until 18. They can wear a dress or whatever, all they want until then. Sorry, too many hormones and growth going on and medically speaking, I think it's irresponsible. IF that's what they want, they can go get it (and pay for it) when they an adult. However, if it were my child I'd still support and love them instead of beating them over the head with a bible telling them "YoU AIn'T normal."
Just be sure to use barbasol when you teach them to save!

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just be sure to use barbasol when you teach them to save!

Dear God people. If there is one takeaway from this it should be that most commercially marketed shaving products are crap.

Double edged razor, quality blade, good soap (or cream) and a brush. That is all you need. Boy, girl or it. It’s all you need

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
interesting. i'm guessing there are others out there who'd say the opposite. They wish to God they had been affirmed.

Anyway, i know a family that is dealing with this. We aren't around them a lot, but i will say that the child's happiness is markedly improved. Well, until some jackass chooses to make a big deal of it to her, but that is more about the adult being a dick than anything.

Time will tell whether it's a good thing for her, or not.
And I’m not saying other people won’t end up feeling satisfied with their choice to embrace transgenderism. I personally believe that they will ultimately be harmed by it, but I’m not about to tell anyone else they can’t do that. I encounter obvious transgender people fairly regularly, and I treat them with as much respect as I do anyone else. I don’t mention it or look at them funny or do anything else that might add to what is already a very difficult thing.

What I’m against is denying the complexity of the issue socially, legally, and psychologically. The prevailing message about transgenderism is it’s no big deal and it should be encouraged. There’s this expectation for society to bend over backwards to conform to convoluted redefinitions of basic social concepts and ignore any potentially negative consequences of doing so. Anything else is supposedly hateful. There’s outrage if I express concern about someone with a penis wanting to shower in the same locker room as my daughter.

People try to frame those concerns as hate and discrimination. There’s growing pressure to suppress open discussion of the complexities and conflicts in mainstream media, in medicine, and in academia. That doesn’t help anyone, least of all transgender people. They are the ones that most need an open dialog about this issue without politicized pressure and coercion. Even Mr. Heyer’s description of his therapist telling him he should seek gender reassignment surgery amounts to medical coercion, and that happened decades ago. I think the situation is much worse today.

Last edited:

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dear God people. If there is one takeaway from this it should be that most commercially marketed shaving products are crap.

Double edged razor, quality blade, good soap (or cream) and a brush. That is all you need. Boy, girl or it. It’s all you need
Soap, cream, or oil. For some, just a good oil works perfectly. I just use jojoba oil and a double edge razor. Wife does the same. And blades are cheap enough that I can use a new one for every shave and still spend less than buying a multi-blade skin-scraping monstrosity with a lubrication strip that irritates my face.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't disagree, even to the point that I don't believe sex change operations should be conducted until 18. They can wear a dress or whatever, all they want until then. Sorry, too many hormones and growth going on and medically speaking, I think it's irresponsible. IF that's what they want, they can go get it (and pay for it) when they an adult. However, if it were my child I'd still support and love them instead of beating them over the head with a bible telling them "YoU AIn'T nORmaL."
Hey, we found something we agree on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom