Remember when I said the Ukraine "Whistleblower" would lead to Brennan?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How bout a simple explanation assuming nothing.
What is Donald Trump's attitude regarding the laws of the the United States? "Article II says I can do whatever I want."
What is Donald Trump's attitude regarding the constitution of the United States? "You people and your phoney emoluments clause."
What is Donald Trump's attitude toward one particular statute that's relevant here? When ABC's Little George tells the President that to accept (or solicit) assistance from a foreign government in an election is illegal according to the The FBI Director, he responds "The FBI director is wrong."

Just the way the President sees this sort of thing according to the President.

Now for the perfect Phone call.
The perfect phone call was so perfect that people in the White House Squirreled it away in the deepest hole they could find (what you might call a "private server") , lest someone gaze upon it and despoil its perfection.
The law required it to be left in the White House archiving system, but the call was just too perfect for that.

What's in the phone call? Looks like we'll never know. The Administration released something they called a summary that others were calling a memorandum that the Republican's are now calling The Transcript.
It's not a redaction, because it doesn't have those ugly black lines blocking out content, it just has those elegant little ellipses.

Where was I? Oh yeah, the call itself. If the president is soliciting information or action which will be of value to him politically or personally, he's breaking the law. Doesn't matter about anybody's opinion about whether or not it should be against the law. If he's using extortion or bribery to solicit that information he's breaking another law. The quid pro quo stuff doesn't even matter here. He's breaking a separate law.

There's some other stuff that makes people suspicious here. Why did the Justice Department sit on the I.G.s report for over a month when the law requires them to submit it to Congress?
Could just be carelessness. They could have lost it behind the couch cushions etc.

You're probably right, though. Barr will go nosing around for scary monsters in the weeds and report monthly on his considerable progress and I'll look silly, again.

The President has said repeatedly that impeachment will help him politically, so maybe he's the one orchestrating this conspiracy with another of his mind-blowing 4D chess moves?

In any case he can count on the Senate to save him so no big deal.

Nobody knows what's gonna happen and Nobody's gonna like it.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Should people read the L.A. Times? The link says that claims that Biden did anything wrong in Ukraine are unsubstantiated. The prosecutor Biden refers to in that YouTube video was a corrupt prosecutor according to the IMF and every western nation on earth (the people we used to call our allies)
Biden went to Kiev as a representative of those governments. That's the reason he wasn't afraid to talk about it in front of cameras. No "perfect phone calls" involved.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Should people read the L.A. Times? The link says that claims that Biden did anything wrong in Ukraine are unsubstantiated. The prosecutor Biden refers to in that YouTube video was a corrupt prosecutor according to the IMF and every western nation on earth (the people we used to call our allies)
Biden went to Kiev as a representative of those governments. That's the reason he wasn't afraid to talk about it in front of cameras. No "perfect phone calls" involved.

Point is that Biden threatened to withhold money unless the guy was fired. Corrupt or not, Biden committed extortion as far as I'm concerned. However, I'm sure some will stand up for Biden, regardless of what he does.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
There are plenty of links saying that Ukraine felt no pressure from Trump. Biden boldly admits to extortion and the media says squat about it.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Point is that Biden threatened to withhold money unless the guy was fired. Corrupt or not, Biden committed extortion as far as I'm concerned. However, I'm sure some will stand up for Biden, regardless of what he does.
I'm not among the people who will stand up for him. BUT, Making a threat that money will be withheld while publicly representing the United States, the western world, and the IMF is a much different thing than withholding money to serve the narrow political interests of Donald Trump .

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are plenty of links saying that Ukraine felt no pressure from Trump. Biden boldly admits to extortion and the media says squat about it.
So I just cherry picked the information in the link saying that claims against Biden are unsubstantiated? Of course I did, but it was your link.

Here's something else about the lack of pressure. Zalensky is a newly elected president who's career has been in comedy. I'm guessing he doesn't know much about American laws and such.
What he does know, is that Trump is the President of The United States and he doesn't want to piss him off.

Again, it doesn't matter if the President pressured him anyway. The solicitation of this kind of assistance for personal or political gain is a violation election law. It doesn't matter if he pressured, extorted, or bribed , the source of that information.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
So I just cherry picked the information in the link saying that claims against Biden are unsubstantiated? Of course I did, but it was your link.

Here's something else about the lack of pressure. Zalensky is a newly elected president who's career has been in comedy. I'm guessing he doesn't know much about American laws and such.
What he does know, is that Trump is the President of The United States and he doesn't want to piss him off.

Again, it doesn't matter if the President pressured him anyway. The solicitation of this kind of assistance for personal or political gain is a violation election law. It doesn't matter if he pressured, extorted, or bribed , the source of that information.
That’s why I posted the video

Latest posts

Top Bottom