Remember when...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still have my first 10-22 that was actually my dad’s Christmas gift when I was young. I believe it was $99 at Kmart. That same year I was given my first single shot 22. It was a copy of an Springfield 120a. Unfortunately as a dumb 18 year old I sold it for $75….
My granddad left me his old Springfield Trapdoor 45/70 when he died and I like most dumb-ass kids sold it for $75 in 64 so I could buy gas for my hot-rod Dodge. It was the first center fire gun I ever shot, after pestering him for months he let me shoot it just to teach me a lesson but his plan back-fired, I was knocked to the ground but jumped up and told him I wanted to do it again, I was seven then, been a big bore mosaicist ever since.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember when you could buy a bolt-action 8mm Mauser from the Sears & Roebuck catalog for $24.99. 7mm was a few dollars more ($28 or $29). I was 9-10 or so.

In the back of several magazines, you could order cap & ball pistols for $7 or $8.

The problem for me was coming up with those dollars... :D
___

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember when you could buy a bolt-action 8mm Mauser from the Sears & Roebuck catalog for $24.99. 7mm was a few dollars more ($28 or $29). I was 9-10 or so.

In the back of several magazines, you could order cap & ball pistols for $7 or $8.

The problem for me was coming up with those dollars... :D
___
Yep had to trade in a bunch of pop bottles

Latest posts

Top Bottom