Remington 341 - an Oldie!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And here we are, the end of April. Good news though, he was finally able to get all the parts to re-build the bolt assembly. Firing pin was broke; missing some small springs and things, bolt assembly was just kind of fubar in general and also re-assembled bass-ackwardsly. Anyway, he got the parts; fixed it up ; test fired the rifle and the dang extractor broke. Gotta get me a new extractor now, but with any luck, I'll get this old Remmy 341 back soon. Now I just gotta look it over again and decide to either refinish it; sand and stain the stock and re-blue the receiver and barrel or just oil her up and let her be. I have forgotten what it looks like other than in these pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What luck!! How many rounds you get out of her? And totally just oil and leave it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I didn't get to shoot any; the extractor broke when the gunsmith tested it. He said it shouldn't be too long to get a new extractor for it... I'm anxious to get it back! I'll let you know.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess so. I know it's darn hard to get parts for some of these old guns. But yeah, if it was one I really wanted back, or one I shot a lot...that would be way too long!

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She's fixed! And she's back! I picked it up today, after almost 10 months at the Gunsmith. They made these Remington 341s from 1936 -1940; there's really no way to know how old this rifle is for sure but it's so old it doesn't have a serial number. So she's between 76 and 80 years old. Smooth action, shoots great! I have almost overwhelming heard that I should NOT refinish the old girl, but leave her be; just clean her up and oil her down. It's cost me right at $200 so far to get it back in working order. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the this old rifle yet...keep it; sell it, trade it away for something, just stick it in the back of the safe...who knows? I'm just glad to get it back and that she shoots and shoots pretty darn well. Here's some specs: OAL - 42.5", Barrel is 24", sight radius is 21". Trigger feels really good on it too. Here she is:
Rem 341.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom