Remington 700 CP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I had a bit of a impulse buy for a Remington 700 pistol in .308. Now that I’ve committed to it I’ll be picking up a arm brace and a scope. I was looking at the Vortex Crossfire II 2-7x scout scope for it. It has a pretty long eye relief so I expect it would be well suited to the gun. Anyone have any thoughts for something more fitting? Preferably in the $200 range so I’m not out too much when my wife looks at the credit card.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear it's best to shoot it suppressed to mitigate recoil.
That would certainly help, or a brake if a suppressor isn't available.
Shot a Rem XP-100 years ago in 30-30 with full power loads. It was extremely uncomfortable to say the least.
Found out later after a lot of laughs that the owners typical load was pretty mild. Basically a half load.
Joke was on me I guess.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reminds me of the cut down Mossin Nagant pistols. I think someone shared a video of one not long ago. I like the chassis and would like to see one for a regular sized rifle.

k4ylr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just put an SBA4 or SBA3 brace on it and get a regular scope. There isn't a rail that would put the scope forward enough to utilize the long eye relief of a handgun/scout scope unless you plan on shooting it super goofy.