Remington 700 Drop in Triggers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am going to change out my trigger on my 700. This rifle is my primary hunting rifle.
So- what is the best brand, type and trigger pull?
What’s best? Kind of like Ford vs Chevy.
I prefer single stage, curved trigger, so I went with Timney. I keep a 3 lb trigger pull on all of my rifles.
I also got a really big discount so that was also a factor.
Gisselle, JP, CMC, and a half dozen other brands. All are far better than the factory trigger.
Buy what you can afford. Good luck.

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m fond of Timney triggers. I have other brands in my ARs. But in my bolt rifles, I have Timney. I would keep it single stage and around 3 lbs for hunting. If you can get an adjustable trigger. You can find a weight you comfortable with.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What’s best? Kind of like Ford vs Chevy.
I prefer single stage, curved trigger, so I went with Timney. I keep a 3 lb trigger pull on all of my rifles.
I also got a really big discount so that was also a factor.
Gisselle, JP, CMC, and a half dozen other brands. All are far better than the factory trigger.
Buy what you can afford. Good luck.

^ Fan of this.

I'll add that Trigger Tech makes a very nice trigger.

Don't forget to look into how "robust" each is built, and how "maintenance free" their design is. Some of the best target triggers have a lot of open spaces for dust and dirt to make their way into and gum stuff up.

One would be surprised how light a good 2.5lb trigger feels. Nowadays, there seems to be a trend amongst the trendy to use .5 - 1lb triggers on everything (I guess that makes me a Fudd).

Trigger Tech Primary or Timney 510 gets my vote. Each is about perfect for a hunting rifle IMO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom