Remington 7615

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is an interesting little carbine that I'd almost be willing to bet that most of you have never seen. I have had it for about ten years, and I am quite fond of it.

Remington 7615 223/5.56mm
05-02-2008, 10:00

http://www.remingtonle.com/rifles/7615.htm

The first time that I saw this little carbine was at one of the gunshows at the Kansas Coliseum. At the time, I was intrigued with it, but thought to myself, that I'll sleep on it, then make a decision later on. I had a birthday coming up, so a few days later, I decided to get myself a present: this little Remington.
A short description of this carbine would be this: it is a scaled-down Model 760 or 7600 in 5.56mm or 223 Remington. Rather than the standard four shot magazine of the 760 series, there is a major departure, however. The 7615 accepts standard AR-15/M16 magazines. There is even an AR-style magazine release.
At first, the action was a little rough but it is starting to smoothe out, and should be butter-slick before long.
There are no gas ports to clog up so this rifle will digest anything that it is fed, even ammunition with a reputation for being dirty. Here, I am thinking of Wolf, and other Eastern European brands. I shoot Wolf quite a bit, as it is cheaper, and I hesitate to put it through my Bushie, so I use it in manually-operated rifles a lot. And I concede that I may be making too big a deal out of ths.
It is fairly lightweight, and handles well, but my rifle marksmanship is so abysmal that I cannot really give any accuracy reports. Being that it is a Remington however, accuracy in more competent hands than mine should be pretty good.
For those who are interested in a 223, but for whatever reason don't want a semi-auto, the Remington 7615 may very well fit your needs. BTW, they also make it as a standard rifle, with wood furniture, and as a turkey gun as well, with camo finish.
Mine is a police carbine, because that was what the Bullet Stop had. But it is civilian-legal. The link has a picture of what mine looks like. It is the one with the conventional-shaped stock, and the rear sights on the barrel.
Yesterday, I took it out and put some rounds through it, mostly as a function-firing test and it performed flawlessly.

It is no longer made and the last ones were, I understand, exported to Australia, where they fetch a good price.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive had a couple, sold my last one on here a few months ago. Yes fun little rifles.

20160327_213519.jpg
20160612_214619.jpg
20160612_214521.jpg
20170521_152931.jpg

Attachments

• 20170818_074817.jpg
    20170818_074817.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 179

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The third photograph is closest to what mine looks like.

As I understand it, the police were supposed to buy it due to concerns about military-appearing weapons. PR, I suppose. Plus, with the cops already using 870's, the thought was that the transition could be done without too much training time.

It looked good on paper anyway, but I think that by the time the 7615 was introduced, semi-auto platforms had too much of an inroad.

Shame, because it's a fine little carbine.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one and you really had to pay attention when racking the pump or it would jam up, seemed like I short stroked it easily. Do you have those problems or was it just me?

Last edited:

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one and you really had to pay attention when racking the pump or it would jam up, seemed like I short stroked it easily. Do you those problems or was it just me?
No; I never short-stroked it, and it has not jammed on me (yet) unless it needed lubrication.Properly cared for, it is reliable.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No; I never short-stroked it, and it has not jammed on me (yet) unless it needed lubrication.Properly cared for, it is reliable.

Well you are old fashioned, carrying those antiquated revolvers that can't hit the broad side of a barn from inside, and take up to an hour to reload, an have to be operated by three hands!! LOL!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom