Remington 870 Wingmaster 410 Inflated Price…Why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott024

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
remingtongunstore.com is classified as a malicious website by my antivirus software. Other forums are reporting it as a scam site. Grabagun.com has the 870 wingmaster for 950 plus tax, shipping, and transfer. It is not in stock. I can't remember the last time I saw a new one on the shelf either.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go figure it's a fake website considering the REAL Remington site is RemArms.com and gun manufacturers hardly ever sell guns directly to the public. And the fact that Remington just started making shotguns again last August after how long? A couple of years?

But I was kinda hoping he'd jump on that $649 deal...

$1000 or $1100 is just where the vintage, older, real Remington .410s (which is what the OP is talking about) start these days, like it or not, right or wrong. Don't want one? Don't buy one. Why is that so hard?

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
you guys won't believe this, but i drove past two '66 vettes at a dealership on route 66 the other day.

they wanted over $80,000 for a car that retailed for $4,295 back then! it ain't worth more than $5,000 I tell ya!!

if you are really curious, look at prices of firearms, that are completely fully functional, versus the price of used junked out cars. if you have a rat infested, rust bucket with no seats, everything will have to be replaced, but original body, you can get what you paid for it back then.

if you have a *running* car from the 60's or 70's, you can get likely anywhere from 5x to 20x what you paid for it. there are plenty of guns that i see on this website from the 60's and 70's *or older* that are 100% fully functional, and are likely pretty dang close to original purchasing price.

if you have seen guns like mosins, sks's, k98's, all those old surplus guns go from $50 to $500 in a matter of years, what do you think will happen to domestic guns that become hard to find? demand for firearms has never been higher, until it is tomorrow.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Buy all you like boys not sucking me into that sham.
there are all kinds of markets that are artificially inflated.

firearms is not one of them. in fact, the ability to freely own, buy, and sell firearms might be the only thing keeping worldwide globohomo from taking over completely. so i mean....hard to put a price on that......

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The point is, .410 shotguns, especially the higher quality guns, have always been expensive.
Very true. One of my holy grail guns has always been a SXS or O/U .410.
I’ve found many and most are worn out boat anchors.
The ones that aren’t worn out, (because someone was smart enough to lube the hinge) have brought premium prices since the 90’s when I first started looking for one.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Very true. One of my holy grail guns has always been a SXS or O/U .410.
I’ve found many and most are worn out boat anchors.
The ones that aren’t worn out, (because someone was smart enough to lube the hinge) have brought premium prices since the 90’s when I first started looking for one.
and this is my biggest hang up. if you notice the price of something going up, and it isn't being made anymore, or maybe like one niche manufacturer is pumping out 1000 units every year for outrageous msrp, they never go back down. if you think it's a bad deal, it's only going to get worse, so if you want it you should buy it immediately. otherwise you are banking on yourself being in a better financial situation later, and let's be real; that doesn't happen all that often and by the time it does the deal is gone.

the only firearm to decrease in value over my lifetime is the basic ar-15, and that's mainly due to government intervention and psa cornering the market and destroying the entry level price ar's. anything that has fallen into the hole of "classic, no longer made, still functioning, rare" has only gone up, heck the last point of rare isn't even really all that necessary. some of the most common guns are the ones that have increased the most like mosins and whatnot.

i mean you bet i was assuming any milsurp i purchased cheap in '09 i assumed would increase in value, especially once they essentially "sold out" and the only way to get one would be the resale market, which ya know.....isn't really legal or a thing in some states. kids are growing up and they want to buy guns just like you and i did. it sucks to pay what they are paying, but they understand if they want to buy they kinda have to pay these prices.

if you are looking for something in the vein of collection, you have to understand that prices are only increasing and turning down a relatively bad deal right now will look foolish in the future. when you combine all this with a faltering economy, diminishing currency, inflation, etc. etc. i mean....

why would a gun ever get cheaper? yes some people here sell things for under market value, but you're only going to get those deals if you just happen to see the ad listed within the first 10-20 minutes. which shows how high demand is. and you have to realize we live in a state where guns can be:

traded friend to friend like this with no tax, etc
has all kinds of incredibly rare and desirable firearms

if you happened to live in a state where guns where not as common, were more taboo, weren't family traditions, how in the world would you ever find an amount of classic, rare, preban, etc firearms? how would you find firearms like the prison used mini-14's and stuff you find on here? you'd be stuck with the same online dealers everyone else uses, but you wouldn't have access to this incredible market that frankly we are all pretty dang lucky to have.

have you *seen* some of the firearms that have sold lately here? holy crap, that valmet was a straight once in a lifetime firearm, that firearm in a coastal state to some rich trust fund commie buying baby's first ak because he saw the "forgotten weapons" video of it would sell for $7-8k. i don't remember what it sold for, but i think it was around $3,500 or less. that's......absurd. there are guns like that on this site all the time, and you need to realize the one you are describing is falling into this hole. it will not come out, the price will only continue to fall off that cliff.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
remingtongunstore.com is classified as a malicious website by my antivirus software. Other forums are reporting it as a scam site. Grabagun.com has the 870 wingmaster for 950 plus tax, shipping, and transfer. It is not in stock. I can't remember the last time I saw a new one on the shelf either.
Transaction sure seems to go through and showing stock but anything is possible we have really good anti virus at work and it doesn’t flag it so who knows market is super inflated though. thanks Joe. Just like it was during tha Bomma Baby Days

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Transaction sure seems to go through and showing stock but anything is possible we have really good anti virus at work and it doesn’t flag it so who knows...

Well, if the fact they only accept Zelle or bitcoin as payment doesn't clue you in, nothing will.

Latest posts

Top Bottom