Remington 870 Wingmaster 410 Inflated Price…Why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okvet03

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't say the price is inflated. They have been trending up for years. Same as Remington 1100 LT-20's or Browning Auto 5's in 20 gauge. Ruger no. 1's and classic S&W's are doing the same.

craig h pfeiffer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
its not worth that . 410s are awesome and rem will never probably produce a caliber of firearm like the older wingmasters but their are other manufactures making nice 410s for way less that that

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If that's what they're selling for, then that's pretty much what they're worth. To those buying them, anyway. Obviously, you wouldn't pay that because it isn't worth that to you. But if you choose to buy a .410 from brand "X" for $400, the guy who wants the Remington from the early 80s might look at your new gun and say, "Nice gun, but not worth that price to me."

Vintage firearms from 40 years ago (like the OP's 1983 Wingmaster) aren't being made any longer and that's part of the appeal and thus the increase in price. That doesn't mean there aren't nice substitute guns out there. That really doesn't factor into the equation.

I happen to really like S&W 3rd Gen autos. I started buying a bunch of them during the 2000s because you could get them for next to nothing. Now they're going for 2 or 3 times what they did new, at least. There's really nothing special about them, either. They're very outdated by today's standards. But, they're popular now and there's a finite supply of them in the wild. That adds up to increased cost.

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you don't like that price I have a just about mint 870 Magnum Wingmaster 12ga from the 70s that money can't buy because of the way it shoots.

And it is not even a .410 which I don't care for personally but other people do and will pay it because for every 50 sold like mine there may have been one 1 sold in 410ga. That is just the way it is.

And yes of course you can go buy a Yditzy or whatever they are called. Your going to get exactly what you pay for. In addition to that, a couple of trips to the grocery store lately and you begin to realize 1000 bucks just isn't really that much money any more.

Last edited:

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom