Remington 870 Wingmaster 410 Inflated Price…Why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember guys looking for .410 shotguns back in the '90s; aside from $50 break-open single shots, they were stupid expensive back then, especially double-barrels. Nobody wanted them while they were being made, but once they went off the new market, everybody and his dog wanted one...
My first gun was a H&R break action .410 bought for $17.50 used at a pawn shop with mowing money when 11. Of course dad had to be the actual purchaser.
That was the only gun owned by me until into my late 20’s. Never saw the need for anything else as it killed everything.
The quest for one has been nostalgic as there are a lot more in the safe now much more capable but when you only have one gun to do it all you become pretty proficient with it and it’s limitations.
If/when one is ever bought there will be a few dove and quail hunts before becoming a safe queen most likely.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first gun was a H&R break action .410 bought for $17.50 used at a pawn shop with mowing money when 11.
I bought one of those $50 break-action .410s back then with the idea of cutting it down for use as a snake gun, but I never did. (Actually, I think I might've paid $35 for it; it was still mechanically sound, but nobody would've mistaken it for a museum piece.)

Michael Armstrong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it's just like lever actions. there was a time when levers were definitely cheaper and easier to come by than semi autos, but now it seems almost any level gun fetches a premium. just the way it is.

and saying "overinflated" when the price of gas has tripled, meat has almost doubled, all in the last like two years is uh.....yeah i don't what else to say.

it's just like lever actions. there was a time when levers were definitely cheaper and easier to come by than semi autos, but now it seems almost any level gun fetches a premium. just the way it is.

and saying "overinflated" when the price of gas has tripled, meat has almost doubled, all in the last like two years is uh.....yeah i don't what else to say.
You'll never convince them otherwise. Muh price gouging 😂

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Comparing an 870 to an M2? Hmmm...

Benelli makes fine shotguns...no doubt about that. But not everyone can afford an M2 or M4. And the track record of the 870 or 1100 is pretty impressive

It's pretty hard to argue with the popularity of the 870 when they've made over 11M since they 50s. 70 years is a pretty impressive length of time for a model production.

I'm not much of a shotgun guy but I've carried them on duty (an 870 and an 11-87P) and shot them for fun. All things considered I like the 11-87P...It's reliable and durable and shoots pretty much everything I care to shoot thru it.

And, it weighs about 9 pounds loaded! So I get a good workout just carrying the damn thing around. Free bonus! 😆

Latest posts

Top Bottom