Remington 870 Wingmaster 410 Inflated Price…Why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't personally need another shotgun so itls all good. Quite frankly, pricing is up to the owner. You can put whatever you feel on it. The question is what is it worth to a potential customer? If you price it near 800, don't get insulted if someone offers you the 450-500 it's worth. It's not low balling, it's just what they are willing to pay.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
All you guys did here was make me want a Wingmaster in 410. Didn’t even know that before I happened on this thread.
I like .410s myself. But make no mistake, they will show flaws. The smaller the bore, the better shot you need to be. They're not just for kids or people who want low recoil.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. An item is worth as much as someone is willing to pay. Some will pay more for ownership than others, but it's all up to the individual. That goes for anything. Of course there is a bottom line for everything and it will never go lower than that, regardless of market price. The point of diminishing returns remains and when the item loses value below what was paid for it, it generally makes that person feel bad about jumping on that purchase at such a high price. Another issue that arises is collectors. They are willing to pay a higher price for something that will not be used and, no matter what they say, looked at very little. That's just a prestige thing. In this market, firearms are tools that are meant to be used. There should be appreciable wear and tear on them, which in turn, affects pricing. If anyone thinks an 1100 limited edition is worth 1500 bucks, I have a 20LW (only produced for around two years) I might be looking to get rid of. Then again, considering I have a fitted slug barrel, the original barrel and a fitted remchoke barrel for it, and it's been drilled and tapped for a scope rail, it might be closer to 2500.
Those are nice additions to a shotgun to shoot but drilling a limited Remington 1100 LW20 receiver devalues it greatly

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those are nice additions to a shotgun to shoot but drilling a limited Remington 1100 LW20 receiver devalues it greatly
To whom? I'm quite satisfied with being able to attach a rail and put a scope on it for slug hunting. I happened to find the remchoke barrel completely by chance, but saw an opportunity to make the gun more versatile. On that note, they never were that expensive to anyone. I bought it in the early 90s for a song from a gun shop. The limited use of 2 3/4 shells in them detracts from their value, as it does with most 1100s. Even that it's built on the 410 frame didn't help sales. That and the fact they sold them basically in 1977-78 (less than a two year run IIRC) would make them one of the most rare of the 1100 line.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remingtons stuff before quality went down is up. I got a 1100 recently and it's insane what they are bringing

I bought one of those $50 break-action .410s back then with the idea of cutting it down for use as a snake gun, but I never did. (Actually, I think I might've paid $35 for it; it was still mechanically sound, but nobody would've mistaken it for a museum piece.)
I have 2 11s, 4 1100s, 5 870 Wingmaster and 3 870 Express. Prices have gotten INSANE. NO, mine are not for sale.

Not my first gun and is have no idea what it cost new (very little by today's standard), I have a 1915 Iver Johnson break-action .410. Bought new, by my Grandmother. Used to feed her 10 kids. Trailer loads of rabbits, squirrel, dove, quail, prairie chicken and whatever got into range, fell to that gun.

I still squirrel hunt with it. Such a blast to hunt with. Grandsons want a 10-22 or lever actions, camt them interested in a single shot. BUT, granddaughter is asking if she can hunt with it. She always has been smarter than the boys.

Latest posts

Top Bottom