Remington in trouble?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And, don’t forget about the Marlin debacle. Those first Marlins produced by Remington were poor on the fit and finish side. They should have never released those rifles until the quality was at or better than JM stamped Marlins. I think those issues are worked out now but they may never overcome the reputation hit.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see how Remington makes it without being acquired by another manufacturer. They could have come out with their own equivalent of the Sig P365, and most folks would have rolled their eyes and mumbled something about heavier paperweights.

Sadly, the only Remington I own is my grandpa's Speedmaster .22lr.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cerberus Capital Management is the money behind Freedom Group. FG was started by the CEO of Cerberus. They don't exactly have a good record. A little digging will show that Cerberus is who bought out Chrysler who had to be bailed out by us taxpayers after that buyout.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see how Remington makes it without being acquired by another manufacturer. They could have come out with their own equivalent of the Sig P365, and most folks would have rolled their eyes and mumbled something about heavier lighter paperweights.

Sadly, the only Remington I own is my grandpa's Speedmaster .22lr.
There, I corrected it for you.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guess the only Remington I own is a .22 fieldmaster pump, and it's a tack-driver. Bought it used around '71 and the slide locked up on it, so I mailed it to Remington and they replaced most everything in it (repairs were $28 IIRC). It was old enough to not have a serial number, so they replaced the receiver because of that.

Wish I'd never traded off my '73 700 BDL 30.06 though (bought it new). It was beautiful and accurate. :(

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just wish they could machine the 870 barrels (like they used to be able to do somehow) so the brass rim doesn't dig in and cause ejecting issues. They all look like they're machined by gorillas. Never mind the machining on the receivers. That really sucks too because the design is solid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom