Remington Model 11 help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody here really familiar with these? Of course, this eventually became the Browning A-5, but this is a 1919 model Remington 11. Friend has one that belonged to his father who is now deceased, and it has been sitting in a closet for a while. He would like to have it cleaned up and, if feasible, shoot it. I'm not familiar with them and don't have a warm fuzzy feeling about tearing it down and going through it for him. Is anybody here really competent on these things to the extent that you would be comfortable taking it apart and going through it? Or, any recommendations? Any help is sincerely appreciated!

Don

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to have a 20 gauge and shot it a lot. I still have some repair parts that I bought for it. Go ahead and tear it down and clean it. They are good guns. I wish I still had the old 20 gauge.

LDA.45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found complete tear down instructions for my A-5 on Google.
I would think you could do the same for your Mod 11.

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They really aren't too hard to tear all the way down, there are resources and videos online if you are unsure of something. I cleaned up my uncle's model 11 that he inherited from his dad, it's one of the earlier models.

Does this one have the old square back firing pin or "new" round firing pin?

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Serial number googled will turn up the age.

That or a call to Remington. I called my uncle's serial number in and talked to a nice lady from Texas who looked it up.

If you get into it and it's the square pin just be aware that those are a little more prone to breakage because they aren't captured by a spring, they kinda free float in the channel. That was the problem with my uncle's gun, and I see people asking about it online.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I need to get into it, but the last few weeks have been rather busy and it's gonna' stay kinda' hectic for at least the next ten days or so! I need to get out with the crossbow!

Latest posts

Top Bottom