Remington R1 mags

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What are the best mags for the Remington R1 1911 45acp for the money

The same as the mags for any 1911, whether it’s an entry level pistol or a high dollar Custom House offering. IMO, go with any of the Wilson 47 series magazines. You can’t go wrong feeding your 1911 using Wilson magazines. If you can’t find Wilson’s, and you usually can, (You could always order them if you have to), then I’d go with Tripp’s. For the range, Metal-form or Checkmate mags are fine.

The Remington R1 is like most traditional 1911 pistols, there are no real issues with it, any more so than any other 1911 in its class. Load those mags up with some 230 gr Ball Ammo and fire away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
The same as the mags for any 1911, whether it’s an entry level pistol or a high dollar Custom House offering. IMO, go with any of the Wilson 47 series magazines. You can’t go wrong feeding your 1911 using Wilson magazines. If you can’t find Wilson’s, and you usually can, (You could always order them if you have to), then I’d go with Tripp’s. For the range, Metal-form or Checkmate mags are fine.

The Remington R1 is like most traditional 1911 pistols, there are no real issues with it, any more so than any other 1911 in its class. Load those mags up with some 230 gr Ball Ammo and fire away!

Thank you for the information.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why you are very welcome. Others may chime in with their favorites too, but in generally boils down to Wilsons, Tripp’s, and some swear by Chip McCormick mags as well. Metal form and Check Mate make a lot of the mags for various manufacturers. I know the Ruger SR 1911 I bought last year had Metal form mags in the box. I never had a failure with them either. But I carried the gun with Wilson’s.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He just looks dumb, he's actually a pretty smart JarHead. His problem is, Mom didn't give him enough love when we were kids.I vote for Wilson's also.