Remington TargetMaster 510 In 22 mag?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BAPD193

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Remington Target Master Model 510 that has been totally overhauled by a gunsmith. It was chambered in a 22lr from the factory. The gunsmith did a little work to it and made turned it into a 22MAG. It is a single shot and prob one of the most accurate rifles I own. I am however going to sell it and was hoping to find a price range from some of the die hard 22 guys. I se the 510 on gunbroker from 200-350. Which end should I be looking at with the conversion to 22 mag. The blue is 99.5% and the stock is prob 90% both were redone when it was converted. Its a nice looking gun but only a single shot. I am looking to sell it and buy or trade for a 22lr pistol for my Kiddo.

What do you guys think I should be asking?

BAPD193

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Remington Target Master Model 510 that has been totally overhauled by a gunsmith. It was chambered in a 22lr from the factory. The gunsmith did a little work to it and made turned it into a 22MAG. It is a single shot and prob one of the most accurate rifles I own. I am however going to sell it and was hoping to find a price range from some of the die hard 22 guys. I se the 510 on gunbroker from 200-350. Which end should I be looking at with the conversion to 22 mag. The blue is 99.5% and the stock is prob 90% both were redone when it was converted. Its a nice looking gun but only a single shot. I am looking to sell it and buy or trade for a 22lr pistol for my Kiddo.

What do you guys think I should be asking?
mj!!!!

ENC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You probably aren't going to command much of a premium over the .22LR. There is a gunsmith in Quapaw that says he has converted ALOT of these for the same customer who then re sells them.
Really if you get 300 out of it I think you are doing pretty good.

Evan

ENC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I talked to my FIL who has one. He said the guy he bought his from was asking $350 but he wound up giving only $250 for it. This was three years ago. FWIW

Evan

Stainlessbutcher

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you still have this rifle. I might be interested in a swap. I've got a Smith and Wesson 22-A semi auto pistol. It's the slab sided barrel with the Pic rail on top. Made of stainless steel and duracoated gray from the factory. Shoots like a dream. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Butch.

Stainlessbutcher

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
On another note, I found a 510 still chambered for .22 Short/Long/Long Rifle at a gun shop the other day and I'm picking it up tomorrow. It's an easy 90% and their asking price is 95 bucks. I'm going to try to haggle em down a bit though.

Butch.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On another note, I found a 510 still chambered for .22 Short/Long/Long Rifle at a gun shop the other day and I'm picking it up tomorrow. It's an easy 90% and their asking price is 95 bucks. I'm going to try to haggle em down a bit though.

Butch.

Yeah, I sold one last year. About 60% for $70. Nice guns though.