Remove college football from the NCAA?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard a similar theory floated when OU and saxeT announced their move to the SEC. Basically, the idea was that the SEC would try to get one or two more big-time programs like Ohio State, then take their ad revenues and tell the NCAA to pound sand, eventually getting rid of the four-year eligibility rules and becoming a semi-pro league.

I don't know how much bad blood still exists, but it is interesting to note that the two programs (OU and Georgia) who broke the NCAA's monopoly on college football are going to be in the same super conference, and the conference will control enough of the ad revenue pie to tell the NCAA to get bent...

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d be good with that let the big dogs tear each other apart and the other 9 out of 10 have their own league which would be more exciting IMO. The semipro league could have their year or two players and leave the sprit of college football alone. JMO

I would go further why a preseason poll that favors the has been big? First poll should be 3 or 4 game’s into the season when they actually play games.
The top ten can loose 2 or 3 games like Michigan did to nobodies before they drop ou of the top 25. JMHO

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
College football as we know it would be over, and I’m not watching semi-pro football with paid players that come & go.

I hadn’t missed an oSu home game or very many road games and damn few bowl games in the last 25+ years. Since 2020 I haven’t gone to a single game and all of the tailgate stuff I owned (TV, Satellite, tables, tents, etc) have all been given to the rest of the group. I don’t think I’m going back. I’m done with it.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This just seems like a Wall Street hostile takeover. I blame it all on the transfer portal and I knew it would ruin college football. Commitment is just too hard these days I guess. I'll never be interested in watching "semi-pro" league. If they do this why even have schools affiliated with it? I see no purpose. :anyone:

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im having a hard time excepting playing players that are already getting a free education. 90% of these degrees are basically parks and recreation or journalism and arent worth anything. But a lot of places will hire you with a coloring book degree over someone with 10 yrs experience and knowledge. I have already noticed how the players are acting like they are above others and it stinks. I quit watching the NFL over the kneeling and white hatred the players expressed and will not support college football if they start the nonsense. There has been several players go after the coach with racial slurs like Gundy last year because he wore a OAN news channel shirt while fishing! I refuse to support anything that goes against the constitution and is racial slander against good people. Enough is Enough and Im not letting billionaires control my thoughts.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been saying for the last 10 or 12 years that College Football is in reality Semi-Pro.

Witness that now, today, student athletes can now make money while at our tax payer paid schools, all the while pretending to be students.

I've also said for the last 10-12 years that the NCAA will become irrelevant and die.

It's the money.

It's insane when a College Football Head Coach is making $11.25 MILLION per year.

This is just about criminal at a taxpayer supported school.

I and I don't give a crap, don't give me any ****, of the popular idea that the football teams are supported by their own revenue. It's all smoke and mirrors beyond that point. These "student" athletes are enrolled at our taxpayer paid schools, under the name of our taxpayer paid schools, and working (not just playing) and enjoying all the other benefits any other students get (and much more than the average student gets).

I used to love College football, way back in the days of the Big 8, when it was actually student athletes, and not todays semi-pro athletes who are now making money at such.

Latest posts

Top Bottom