Removing Finger Grooves on a Glock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its super easy. If using a dremel use a very slow speed and a fine sanding drum. Too fast and aggressive will eat that thing quick. I've even used a hand file. Does not take long. But a drum is perfect for the undercut.

Millerdog

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
But a 1911 isn't as reliable, doesn't have the capacity, is heavier, and usually more expensive.
Ok, I have to reply to this one. Yes 1911's are heavier but that makes it a more stable platform to shoot. Yes they are more expensive because there is more machine work involved in the manufacturing process. Yes, they do not have the capacity but if you can't hit your mark with the first two then you most likely won't hit your mark with the other 15 or won't get the time to use them. But 1911's can be as reliable as any gun out there, I own many 1911's and have never had a reliability issue with any of them. I also own several Glocks as well and like them also. They both have good reasons for ownership. Glocks were made to be reliable "cheap" handguns for the German army. The Polymer frames extremely lowered the cost of manufacturing. They didn't make poly frames because they were better, they made them because they were cheaper. Having a poly frame does make it a lot easier to customize the grip to shooter preferences. But I will say this, any excessive heat such as grinding and stippling of polymer reduces its integrity. It's still pretty tough but each time you do it it makes it a little weaker. It's best to be molded and cast in the preferable shape in the first casting. I wish I still had pictures of over ground and over stippled frame fractures. Like I said, I own Glocks as well and some have minor stippling, but not on the gun I use for duty carry. I'm sure this will start a debate but I'm not going to. 1911's can be reliable, they would not be a good choice for inexperienced shooters however. I have been working on guns for 30 years now and I have seen people absolutely ruin good guns. Be patient and meticulous. Don't over do it would be my suggestion.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So the only real rebuttal you had was 1911's "can" be reliable. No doubt using exclusively ball ammo.

I have a Springfield 1911 and a couple M&P's.
Guess which one I trust to be the bedside gun.

Millerdog

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the only real rebuttal you had was 1911's "can" be reliable. No doubt using exclusively ball ammo.

I have a Springfield 1911 and a couple M&P's.
Guess which one I trust to be the bedside gun.
I have three M&P's in 9, 40and 45 and are my favorite of the poly guns. I use gold dot 230gr jacketed hollow points .45 and never had a hiccup.

Latest posts

Top Bottom