Renters insurance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, you probably ought to rule out GEICO (Government Employees Insurance Company), Farmers, Farm Bureau, and who knows how many others who were founded for the benefit of a select constituency as well.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, you probably ought to rule out GEICO (Government Employees Insurance Company), Farmers, Farm Bureau, and who knows how many others who were founded for the benefit of a select constituency as well.
I know you are attempting to do, I am not biting. I am talking about USAA, the others did not discriminate against me.
If you want to play a stupid lawyer game, go troll someone else.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
again, I was not elite enough for them, no thanks. No one is better than me.
Poke - I understand this sentiment completely. I never actually knew they did not accept enlisted Soldiers as I joined in 1997, 1 year after they began accepting Enlisted men and women (according to my recent google search). I was a Drill Sergeant then and bought a house, so I called (Top gave me a push) and they combined all the cars and house into one heck of a decent priced policy for me. Since then, they have been my Homeowners, automobile and renters insurance company. Today I believe they offer services to all members of the Armed forces, to include Retired and Honorably Discharged Vets of all grades. Again, I understand your feelings.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Poke - I understand this sentiment completely. I never actually knew they did not accept enlisted Soldiers as I joined in 1997, 1 year after they began accepting Enlisted men and women (according to my recent google search). I was a Drill Sergeant then and bought a house, so I called (Top gave me a push) and they combined all the cars and house into one heck of a decent priced policy for me. Since then, they have been my Homeowners, automobile and renters insurance company. Today I believe they offer services to all members of the Armed forces, to include Retired and Honorably Discharged Vets of all grades. Again, I understand your feelings.
And their families as well.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use USAA and was an enlisted member of the Army. They have everything after Farm Bureau dumped us because of a water line leak in a bathroom that ruined $1000 worth of carpet. 15 years of paying on time, in full didn't have any sway on their decision. Recently got some mail from them saying they wanted our business back and offering some discounts. Don't think so.

You can easily opt out of the excessive mail and email with the NRA and USAA. Give them a call, contact the customer service, and it stops. I get nothing from either one but a bill.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Poking in is right, enlisted paid thru the nose for car insurance in Germany. I forget what it cost but trying to get by on enlisted pay was hard enough and the insurance company gouged us. Meanwhile, the officers paid probably a third of what we paid for a junker. I remember the Polizi had checkpoints set up off base just outside the gate and would give tickets for no hubcaps on our junk cars. I remember the old '61 VW bug when I hit a water pool in the road water would run thru the front of the floorboard and and out the back. Grim times.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody have a recommendation for a compay to buy renters insurance from?
Just sold my house and the company i had home owners with doesn't do renters insurance
saddlebum, just go online and spend the time getting quotes from 3, or more, companies. (Prepare to be bombarded with their garbage for awhile.) Pick the one that works best for you and don't be surprised if it isn't a long-term romance. It would be nice if you could get some good claims-handling info to help you make your pick, but what you'll mostly get is anecdotal stuff.

In insurance, what's cheap today is usually high tomorrow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom