Replacement 1911 Sights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Novak does make great sights and can accommodate you with a stake type or dovetail type. I agree with JD8 and others about a dovetail sight for a hard use pistol. And I appreciate JD8s recommendation that I can do it and will be happy to help. But I also agree that @SPEguns is the super professional got guy. I think he is in Stillwater...I am in Coweta.

Moparman485

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh I totally understand Novak can help, and I’m sure they do quality work. My issue is that I couldn’t ever get a straight answer on cost or process. And almost every time I tried to get ahold of them I got drastically different prices. The most recent of which was that there may or may not be an Extra $100 charge to install, but that they won’t know until they start to do it. I understand quality costs money, but I wholeheartedly disagree with doing business with someone that tries to say they aren’t able to give me a price without a massive range of hundreds of dollars for a single site install. This wasn’t a one time issue, and this has been going on for weeks. So, regardless of their prowess, I will not be dealing with Novak.

That being said, I am happy to deal with local vendors (or even in state where i Could mail the slide to you type thing), but I’m just not willing to send my slide cross country without a solid answer as to cost, or even a rough approximate cost.

Moparman485

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And to be clear, my initial reason to go back with a Post type was that it had become a massive headache and I just want this pistol to be back in service. the post type had lasted over two decades of hard use as it is, so I don’t have a problem going back with it. I am also open to having the front milled if it is truly worth it, and the cost is doable.

I completely trust your guys opinions and I don’t want it to come off that I don’t. I’m simply beyond upset over my experience so far and was wanting to just keep making progress is all.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Others here have reported that @SPDguns is reasonable on price and turn around is fast. I have a few dovetail cutting tools but may need to get one that matches the sight you chose. This is not an issue but it takes a bit of time. The good part is that I always look for excuses to buy more tools. Ha ha.

Latest posts

Top Bottom