Replacement 1911 Sights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moparman485

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Style wise, I am partial to the tritium, but I’m not stuck on that. This pistol is primarily a target pistol, and side arm while hunting. It isn’t my nightstand gun, or a promary SDA carry pistol. I actually prefer the sights of my rock island 10mm (I know, I know), and they are just some cheap fiber optic type, to the tritium.

I will be honest, my specialty lies in long guns and reloading, pistols have largely remained tertiary to me, so I am open to recommendations and experience.

Moparman485

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a v notch rear and then the large Dot with the tritium outline. Works really good for me. It's an old colt commander and the stock sights weren't much good to me.
See, that’s. Price range that seems reasonable for sure. I used to have an XS sight on one of my older GP100s and liked it. Again, this isn’t a precision pistol, just range toy and hunting side arm primarily, so I don’t need “precision sight picture” so to speak

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
See, that’s. Price range that seems reasonable for sure. I used to have an XS sight on one of my older GP100s and liked it. Again, this isn’t a precision pistol, just range toy and hunting side arm primarily, so I don’t need “precision sight picture” so to speak
You would probably like the Big Dot setup, it's not for long range shooting but works really good for about everything else I think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom