Replacing a tablet battery?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you ever replaced the battery in a little tablet PC? We have a .little ONN that needs a new battery. I have watch videos but never done it and I am kind of afraid I will break it.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the battery is soldered in, you need to be fairly experienced with a soldering iron/gun. You have to get the heat on/off batteries pretty quick to avoid damage (lol, and/or explosions).

Just my 2¢ ... :drunk2:
___

blacktot

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I've only taken them out for proper disposal. Be careful. Those tablet batteries tend to be soft and easily punctured. Once it's poked, smoke will come out, and it will disintegrate rapidly. I tossed mine out of the truck one day.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you ever replaced the battery in a little tablet PC? We have a .little ONN that needs a new battery. I have watch videos but never done it and I am kind of afraid I will break it.
I need to do a battery change on my S7 Edge. Vids look simple enough and $15 for a kit looks way better than getting local shops to do it for $70.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is strange
They must have had lots of problems

When I worked there, we refused to put batteries in Fossil watches. Those things are a nightmare.

Latest posts

Top Bottom