Replacing all AC Power Tools with Battery Powered Tools.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I charge my batteries and remove them from the charger. I know folks that leave them on there for weeks at a time and I don't think that's good for them. The newer batteries don't lose power when sitting idle with a full charge for a long time.
In my reference to aftermarket batteries, there are also battery adapters available on Amazon that will allow Dewalt batteries to be used on Harbor Freight Bauer tools. I have one and it works great.
It was in the $25 dollar range if I remember correctly that allows one to buy different tool brands and remain with one battery group using adaptors.
Giant money saver when used with aftermarket batteries.

I'm gonna look into this as well.

Woody

Woodman 59

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting. I may have to check out these “off brands” a bit closer.

Doing construction for a living I have lots of time under my belt with cordless tools. Milwaukee is great quality, but expensive. I run ridgid cordless stuff currently. Honestly the ridgid 18v stuff hasn’t been impressive when used hard. Good warranty though.

I just can’t over the price on these damn battery tools! My buddy recently bought a brushless dewalt circular saw, the top of the line one, it was $300! IMO my old craftsman corded circular saw I got for $25 at a garage sale still beats it big time.

Same with sawzalls.. the battery ones are great for making a few cuts. But when it’s time to really put in some hard demo work we grab the corded ones every time!

My buddy also bought one of those $800+ dewalt flexvolt dual battery 12” mitersaws. It’s weak compared to my corded one that was $350.

IMO cordless stuff is great for certain applications: on roofs/ladders where dragging cords is a pain, jobsites with no power on, quick small jobs, etc… But 90% of the time I’ll take a corded tool over battery when doing serious work.

Drills and impacts go battery 100% though! I’d say buy a good cordless impact/drill combo, then go corded most everything else.
FYI Dewalt and Black& Decker use the same battery. For more Bang for your buck is Ryobi, they stand up to hard use and are 1/2 the cost of Mil, Dewalt, etc.

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still stay with Dewalt. I abuse mine regularly but they never fail.
I am thinking DeWalt noticed the many failures they were getting for their battery products, and found a new Mfg. for them or got the attention of the Mfg. they had.

I am betting their is not many Makers of the Li Battey's or of the other types, so it should not have been a real problem.

The DeWalt was in good shape but i was very tired of paying $90 for another battery after just replacing one, and hearing it was out of Warrenty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom