Replacing all AC Power Tools with Battery Powered Tools.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also had a DeWalt Charger catch fire went to a DeWalt repair shop in my City, the Jerk gave me a hard time replacing it. All them Chargers are Mfg. in China so you need to beware when leaving your batteries charging.
I charge my batteries and remove them from the charger. I know folks that leave them on there for weeks at a time and I don't think that's good for them. The newer batteries don't lose power when sitting idle with a full charge for a long time.
In my reference to aftermarket batteries, there are also battery adapters available on Amazon that will allow Dewalt batteries to be used on Harbor Freight Bauer tools. I have one and it works great.
It was in the $25 dollar range if I remember correctly that allows one to buy different tool brands and remain with one battery group using adaptors.
Giant money saver when used with aftermarket batteries.

Last edited:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I charge my batteries and remove them from the charger. I know folks that leave them on there for weeks at a time and I don't think that's good for them. The newer batteries don't lose power when sitting idle with a full charge for a long time.

There's something to this. I have a Kobalt 40V lawnmower and matching blower. The manual says you can leave the battery in the charger but not to leave the charger plugged in. So I don't.
ETA: The oldest battery is going on 5 years and still holding charge well.

I'm pretty sure my old Rigid 18V and new Milwaukee 12V says it's OK to leave on the charger. I'll have to check but I normally don't leave them that way much more than overnight maybe.

With lithium ion batteries it's also best to not store them (when unused) in extreme temps either way. I keep mine in the house.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's something to this. I have a Kobalt 40V lawnmower and matching blower. The manual says you can leave the battery in the charger but not to leave the charger plugged in. So I don't.
ETA: The oldest battery is going on 5 years and still holding charge well.

I'm pretty sure my old Rigid 18V and new Milwaukee 12V says it's OK to leave on the charger. I'll have to check but I normally don't leave them that way much more than overnight maybe.

With lithium ion batteries it's also best to not store them (when unused) in extreme temps either way. I keep mine in the house.
Yes, they can remain on the charger but unplugged. But why not just remove the battery from the charger and set it on the shelf?

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dewalt is made by Black and Decker.

Only power tool that I know has a lifetime warranty on the tool, battery and charger, thats Ridgid, as long as you register them.

Milwaukee is another great brand, sees heavy use, just does not have the lifetime warranty.

Ryobi has really stepped up the game.

Most power tools are made in china, cant get away from it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom