Replacing an engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are $5000ish used, figure around $800-1000 to have it replaced by an inexpensive shop. I would look into the rebuild option.

Gone_fishn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, my 20 year old son went and bought this pickup a month ago against my better judgement. But he's out on his own and making his own way. So it ran good when he left the lot but about a week ago it started missing. The computer said misfire on cylinder 6. So we replaced the plug, wire and then the coil pack and finally the fuel injector. Still missing. So a compression check showed 20 psi on that cylinder. He took it back to the dealership and they said it needs a new engine because of the mileage. It has 100 thousand miles on it. They're saying 9000 to do it. Which may be fair but I don't have anything to judge it by

Gone_fishn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are $5000ish used, figure around $800-1000 to have it replaced by an inexpensive shop. I would look into the rebuild option.[/QUOTE
They are $5000ish used, figure around $800-1000 to have it replaced by an inexpensive shop. I would look into the rebuild option.
Well they found a new one with a hundred thousand miles warranty for 5000. And labor is four thousand. It's the labor I'm really wondering about

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Find out WHY its got low compression on that cylinder. If the bore isnt hosed you may be able to drop in a new piston assy and it be good enough (assuming it popped a ring land or something).

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just had quoted (last week) a new 5.0 V8 engine for a 2013 F150. It was roughly $10K for engine and install. This would have come with a 3 yr 100K mile warranty. I decided to go a different route.

Latest posts

Top Bottom