Replacing reloading kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a single stage, lee classic 4 hole turret and a Dillon on the bench. My go to is the Lee turret. Simply and quick enough for me. The Dillon is a great machine but I have realized I can do 100 round batch just about as fast on the lee
When I used my friends we were loading a lot of p-dog 5.56 and .22-250. I don't shoot like that any longer as the fields I had access to are gone.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got some friends loading on a single stage and let one borrow my 4 hole lee turret last week and he said that is the way to go.
He could not get enough of it.

Now you are just in time as lee has ir is going to release this year a new 4 hole press.
Price is very right and i want to get one.. not like I need another press as i have the turret and a pro 1000 for my 45acp and I have done 357 on it also. My single classic cast or turret gets my .223 rounds and all other rifle rounds go into the single stage.
Here is the new press to be released some time this year.

https://leeprecision.com/auto-breech-lock-pro.html
Thanks. I will be loading .32-20, .327 Federal, .38 spl, .357 mag, .44 mag, .45 acp, .45 colt, 5.56mm, .30-30 win, .308 win, and 7.65 Arg. None will be competition so this is why I am leaning the Lee Classic Turret.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been reloading since the late 1980s. Up until last spring, I used a single-stage. At one point, I used two single-stage presses, mounted side-by-side, to increase productivity. It worked, to an extent.

I acquired a Lee Classic Turret, put it in use around last April, and absolutely love it.
I don't load thousands of rounds to shoot competition every week. I load hundreds of rounds, and shoot regularly. I can easily load 150+ rds/hr, without rushing, priming on-press.
Caliber changes, with extra turrets, take 30 seconds or less.
Changing from large primers to small takes 10 seconds.

For someone who doesn't load 3000 rounds a week, or doesn't want to drop $600 in a press, I highly recommend the Lee Classic Turret.
This is where I am at right now.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dillon 550.

Sell some stuff, get a part time job, save the scheckels up.

You'll be happier in the long run.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love my Lee classic 4 hole turret. In fact it is mounted on some Oak plywood and is fabricated to fit onto my trailer hitch.
I could pop open the trunk of the car lay down a towel and nice flat piece of wood and attach the press to the hitch and get to reloading.
Or I could carry it to a table or bench and prop the mounted press against the bench and have at it.
Light and strong enough to get the job done and.

It looks nice and not too expensive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom