Rescued a Henry 45-70 single shot rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an H&R Buffalo Classic in 45-70. Those things are party starters.
XYZ,
I also have one, it is a blast to shoot.

I also shoot some black powder loads in it from time to time....its a hoot!
new.jpg

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AARDVARK Laboritories.jpg

ok, one more comment.

Everybody comes to Grandpas and Grandmas house in the country for Thanksgiving (keeps me busy on the smoker and her busy making pies a
couple days before) :) Anyway, after the feast we all adjourn to the range for a big shoot.

One of the most requested of my arsenal is the 45/70 and some Black Powder loads. Everyone loves the smoke.

If you want to buy some pre made ammo, this guy has some great black powder loads and a lot of obsolete smokeless rounds also.

If you want to inspect before you buy, he is usually set up on the East wall at the Wannenmacher show.

I did not go the either one of the Wannenmacher shows last year, so I hope he is still doing business.

Have fun!

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 224928

ok, one more comment.

Everybody comes to Grandpas and Grandmas house in the country for Thanksgiving (keeps me busy on the smoker and her busy making pies a
couple days before) :) Anyway, after the feast we all adjourn to the range for a big shoot.

One of the most requested of my arsenal is the 45/70 and some Black Powder loads. Everyone loves the smoke.

If you want to buy some pre made ammo, this guy has some great black powder loads and a lot of obsolete smokeless rounds also.

If you want to inspect before you buy, he is usually set up on the East wall at the Wannenmacher show.

I did not go the either one of the Wannenmacher shows last year, so I hope he is still doing business.

Have fun!

I will check it out. Thank you