Research undermines medical marijuana claims

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LMAO and you live your life based on what the masses are doing? You cant decide on your own so you need a shepherd to lead ya? HA
I see.

Don't know how you draw that conclusion from what I posted......you must be high?? According to you, the "masses" are in favor of legalization and it's a done deal......so, in this case, aren't you the one living your life on what the masses are doing???

You and I both know that the vast majority of supporters for legalization are not doing it for "freedom" or any other "cause"......yet we have folks here spouting this BS "it's about freedom". Why don't you just be honest and say you want it legalized so you can legally get stoned??

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What "right" would that be??? Last time I read the constitution, there was no right to get stoned??
Amendment IX
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
Don't know how you draw that conclusion from what I posted......you must be high?? According to you, the "masses" are in favor of legalization and it's a done deal......so, in this case, aren't you the one living your life on what the masses are doing???

You and I both know that the vast majority of supporters for legalization are not doing it for "freedom" or any other "cause"......yet we have folks here spouting this BS "it's about freedom". Why don't you just be honest and say you want it legalized so you can legally get stoned??
I have no intention of ever using the stuff, but I'm fully in favor of having such personal autonomy as to be able to choose what to put in my body. It's the principle of the thing.

I similarly support abolishing seat belt and helmet laws, though I'd always use them (and after a rollover accident, I'm a big seat belt advocate...I just don't want to use the power of government--force of arms--to impose my opinion on others).

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What "right" would that be??? Last time I read the constitution, there was no right to get stoned??
does the constitution grant rights? or does it enumerate some rights?

does the declaration of independence come into play at all, and are "life, liberty, pursuit of happiness" not among our rights?

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I for sure want it to be legalized SO I CAN BE FREE TO LEGALLY GET STONED.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want to legalize MJ then go for it. Don't hide behind the façade of "SQ788 medical MJ" and try to bullsht folks.
I won't hide behind SQ788, I want THC legalized for medical purposes, at a minimum.

I have a neurological condition that causes tremors, which will only get worse as I age. I tried most of the usual drugs my neurologist had to offer, none of them at the time provided relief. All the drugs had side effects which ranged from "tolerable" to "OMG there's Monsters hiding in my closet". If you don't believe me, try some anti-seizure meds sometime, see if you are able to function normally.

Since my condition wasn't specifically written into the last bill Mattress Mary signed into law, my Dr. couldn't legally let me try any of the Cannabis related meds on the market. Reading that CBD/THC might or might not help my condition, I traveled to Colorado to find out for myself, knowing full well it might just be a scenic trip. During my stay in CO, I tried high quality CBD/low THC oil. While I did notice a little bit of improvement, it didn't provide any more relief than the pharmaceutical drugs. Therefore I ceased using, tossed the remainder and came home.

The opportunity for me to try CBD/THC related drugs was not an option in this state. Had I tried and been found to be in possession of some CBD oil, the overzealous drug enforcement in this state would have prosecuted me for a felony and put me in jail, I have no doubt. And for what? For trying to solve my medical problems with all natural products produced outside of the pharmaceutical industry.

There are documented cases, showcased on the news, where children ARE benefiting from Cannabis related medicine, it's a fact. And if Cannabis related products can help a few, they might help many, if only our Gov't would allow proper research to happen.

If I come down with cancer, I want ALL drugs on the table to discuss with my Dr., not just the ones society deems suitable or unsuitable. Society won't be the ones vomiting in the toilet or writhing in pain, I will.

I have never used MJ, never even had a puff. I have zero desire to use it recreationally. But should I ever come down with a life threatening illness and my symptoms could be relieved by the use of Cannabis, I should have the right to choose what's best for me.

One thing I've noticed from these debates is just how Left some of the people in this state really are, even though they don't realize it. They're all for "freedom", as long their Moral compass isn't disturbed and they stay in the good graces of the vicar on Sunday. Folks don't like cannabis, and therefore it's automatically "bad". Folks would actually deny kids relief from their seizures because legalizing it for medicinal purposes makes them feel uncomfortable.

My, my, my,. the Democratic party also makes decisions using feelings, data and facts be damned...

I'm also proud of this forum for allowing discussion without degrading into a name calling contest. On another forum I visit, there would already have been death threats exchanged and someone's mom would definitely been classified as a "puta" by now. never mind..

Last edited:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why don't you just be honest and say you want it legalized so you can legally get stoned??
Anyone else who wants to partake, I can assure you with 100% accuracy, are already doing it. Legalizing it isnt going to change it for those folks. Its those who have a child or loved one with a medical condition that may benefit who will experience huge change.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
bro...you do realize the example you gave of "without getting busted" is literally freedom right? I mean, doing something without going to jail for it...Is being free to do something.

*taking a break to go cut myself after reading that post.

First, I'm not your "bro"......Second, this isn't really about "freedom" or any other "noble cause" and never has been, freedom goes way beyond "doing something without getting busted"....this is about getting stoned without consequences.....so, instead of pissing down our backs and telling us it's raining, why not come out and admit that what you really want is to be able to buy and smoke pot recreationally? Is that too difficult??

You guys are barking up the wrong tree and are, apparently, reading things into my posts that I didn't write.

I think it's hypocritical for pot to be illegal while alcohol is legal....I also KNOW that there are consequences to the abuse of both.

Just stop hiding behind 788, stop hiding behind the "it's no worse than alcohol" excuse, stop claiming "it's about freedom", stop claiming it's harmless.......be honest about it.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone else who wants to partake, I can assure you with 100% accuracy, are already doing it. Legalizing it isnt going to change it for those folks. Its those who have a child or loved one with a medical condition that may benefit who will experience huge change.

More BS from CHenry......there is no way you can say that there aren't any people out there, that have never tried pot, who will try it if it is legalized. That is a bogus claim and you are delusional if you really believe it!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom