Research undermines medical marijuana claims

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why don't you just be honest and admit that you want to force your beliefs and choices on others at the point of a gun?

Come on Dave, you are better than that.....if you have read my posts objectively, you know I have not said it should be illegal.

Please point out where I have tried to force my beliefs on anyone!!

Amendment IX
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

I have no intention of ever using the stuff, but I'm fully in favor of having such personal autonomy as to be able to choose what to put in my body. It's the principle of the thing.

I similarly support abolishing seat belt and helmet laws, though I'd always use them (and after a rollover accident, I'm a big seat belt advocate...I just don't want to use the power of government--force of arms--to impose my opinion on others).

Again, come on, somebody posts that they have the "right" to smoke pot.......I question what "right" that is and you want to bust my balls for it???

Again, I have never said it should be illegal, even for recreational use......
But keep pushing statism, keep advocating the abandonment of personal choice to Daddy Government; there's no way that could ever work against you, right?

Once more......where did I abandon personal choice and push statism??? One more time, I have never said it should be illegal.

Well, thank you for stepping up to nanny us into better health. Perhaps we could have some sort of government-enforced exercise program, too!

You don't usually make a habit of taking things out of context, but you sure did here.......Otis147 asked what consequences there are of using pot.......I answered the question......never tried to "nanny" anyone or tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do.......he asked a question about possible consequences of smoking pot......I answered it......can't see how that could be construed as forcing anything on anyone????

One more time.......I never said pot should be illegal, never said the recreational use of pot should be illegal.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It certainly appeared that way, but for my misinterpretation, I do apologize.

I appreciate it.

I believe if most of those who piled on would go back and read what I actually wrote and not what they think I wrote, there would be much less disagreement with my posts.....

To be quite honest, if I thought pot would cure the cancer I'm fighting, I'd use it, illegal or not!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Come on Dave, you are better than that.....if you have read my posts objectively, you know I have not said it should be illegal.

Please point out where I have tried to force my beliefs on anyone!!

Again, come on, somebody posts that they have the "right" to smoke pot.......I question what "right" that is and you want to bust my balls for it???

Again, I have never said it should be illegal, even for recreational use......

Once more......where did I abandon personal choice and push statism??? One more time, I have never said it should be illegal.

You don't usually make a habit of taking things out of context, but you sure did here.......Otis147 asked what consequences there are of using pot.......I answered the question......never tried to "nanny" anyone or tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do.......he asked a question about possible consequences of smoking pot......I answered it......can't see how that could be construed as forcing anything on anyone????

One more time.......I never said pot should be illegal, never said the recreational use of pot should be illegal.
RepentantShadowyCrayfish-size_restricted.gif

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will say that the "right" to which I referred is the right to own one's own self, though. It may not be enumerated, but many of us believe in it, thus the reference to Amendment IX. Ownership includes the right to control what happens to something (in fact, that was the core lesson of my very first day of Property class: "property" is about control; were there only one person on Earth, the concept of property would be meaningless).

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will say that the "right" to which I referred is the right to own one's own self, though. It may not be enumerated, but many of us believe in it, thus the reference to Amendment IX. Ownership includes the right to control what happens to something (in fact, that was the core lesson of my very first day of Property class: "property" is about control; were there only one person on Earth, the concept of property would be meaningless).

Thanks for the explanation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom