Research undermines medical marijuana claims

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've was stationed in Thailand and Vietnam during the sixties and have never used any drugs of any kind except what was prescribed by a physician. Opportunities were there but I enjoyed life too much, that was my high, I didn't need a crutch or anything to 'get high." However, I have seen many marijuana users kicked out of the military and a lot of them were lazy and ineffectual workers and just sort of slouched through the day barely getting by without being written up.
Certain people want the bill passed so they can legally get high and not receive retribution from the courts. But, if they want drugs so badly, they can go downtown on MLK and buy all they want and the chances of them being caught are nil so they can get high without the "bill." The bill just makes it legal to get high and if the people who want MJ for medical reasons want it so badly, they can move to Colorado or some other liberal state if they suspect it will be of some marginal benefit. With all respect due to those that want the bill passed.

I’m not sure why more people aren’t supporting this just based on the additional freedom/options this gives people. If that wasn’t enough, the “war on drugs” has been a total failure. It’s made a bunch of people felons, but has it really helped much? How many teenagers have lost their second amendment rights forever because they got caught making a dumb decision? I’ll tell you straight up, I think smoking dope for any reason outside of a few legitimate medical reasons is a dumb decision; however, dumb shouldn’t be illegal. Hurting others or stealing property, yeah keep it illegal. Whatever dumb decisions you make in your own home are fine with me.

As for moving so some people can feel morally superior while looking down on the rest of society? No thanks. I’ll keep pushing for freedom. Drugs, guns, fast cars, fast food, fast women, if you don’t like them, don’t do them. I support your right to abstain from anything you don’t want to do. Stop trying to limit others right for the same choices.

I’m 35 I’ve never smoked a cigarette, chewed tobacco, or done any type of illegal drug. I had my first drink about 6 months after turning 21, I’ve been drunk 2 times in 14 years and don’t plan to ever do it again. I am not a drug guy by any means, but I’m certainly a freedom guy. I’ll take all of that stuff I can get.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m not sure why more people aren’t supporting this just based on the additional freedom/options this gives people. If that wasn’t enough, the “war on drugs” has been a total failure. It’s made a bunch of people felons, but has it really helped much? How many teenagers have lost their second amendment rights forever because they got caught making a dumb decision?
To say nothing of what it's done to the Fourth Amendment....

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not sure why more people aren’t supporting this just based on the additional freedom/options this gives people. If that wasn’t enough, the “war on drugs” has been a total failure. It’s made a bunch of people felons, but has it really helped much? How many teenagers have lost their second amendment rights forever because they got caught making a dumb decision? I’ll tell you straight up, I think smoking dope for any reason outside of a few legitimate medical reasons is a dumb decision; however, dumb shouldn’t be illegal. Hurting others or stealing property, yeah keep it illegal. Whatever dumb decisions you make in your own home are fine with me.

As for moving so some people can feel morally superior while looking down on the rest of society? No thanks. I’ll keep pushing for freedom. Drugs, guns, fast cars, fast food, fast women, if you don’t like them, don’t do them. I support your right to abstain from anything you don’t want to do. Stop trying to limit others right for the same choices.

I’m 35 I’ve never smoked a cigarette, chewed tobacco, or done any type of illegal drug. I had my first drink about 6 months after turning 21, I’ve been drunk 2 times in 14 years and don’t plan to ever do it again. I am not a drug guy by any means, but I’m certainly a freedom guy. I’ll take all of that stuff I can get.

Read most of this thread up to here. Twiss, I totally agree with you. But to me here is the rub "Whatever dumb decisions you make in your own home are fine with me." If like Mr. CHenry desires, what he does in his own living room is his own business, I think most everyone would agree, no different that many other things, however

There are many people who do not posses the ability to keep it in their own living rooms. I think this is the rub for me and a lot of other people. I used to work in the construction industry with a wide variety of people. The beer drinkers, which I was one, were slow in the mornings after being out late, but could make it up in the afternoon after it burnt off. The "pot heads" never could figure out why they were in the first layoffs. Never caused a problem, never deviated from what they were trying to do, never were quite up to expected production level.

I say this as a generality. I had a super salesman work for me for a couple years. Started his morning with orange juice, somehow could stand peppermint candies all day long with it covering the vodka smell. Had one draftsman designing electronic control circuitry for process control projects. Brilliant designing PLC software logic, as long as I had him working in an area where he could visit his car for a "smoke" at least every two hours.

That is the rub, not everybody is the same. Me, as I drink, I tend to focus down to the item at hand, 100mph on the back tire, or being sure all the rods and mains are torqued at 45lbs and 90lbs. before we line it up for the driver hit the throttle.

Some people are like a zoom flash light, get more scattered out and might miss something, or focus down more to a pinpoint of what they are doing and ignore the sides. Maintaining situational awareness in your living room, or out in public, especially driving. It is not always a reflex action, common sense has to come into play, some people loose theirs.

I wonder how many people are arrested because they have and are doing drugs, or are under the influence of drugs while they are sitting in their living rooms when they are arrested?

CHenry can you give us some statistics on that?

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've was stationed in Thailand and Vietnam during the sixties and have never used any drugs of any kind except what was prescribed by a physician. Opportunities were there but I enjoyed life too much, that was my high, I didn't need a crutch or anything to 'get high." However, I have seen many marijuana users kicked out of the military and a lot of them were lazy and ineffectual workers and just sort of slouched through the day barely getting by without being written up.
Certain people want the bill passed so they can legally get high and not receive retribution from the courts. But, if they want drugs so badly, they can go downtown on MLK and buy all they want and the chances of them being caught are nil so they can get high without the "bill." The bill just makes it legal to get high and if the people who want MJ for medical reasons want it so badly, they can move to Colorado or some other liberal state if they suspect it will be of some marginal benefit. With all respect due to those that want the bill passed.

Yeah, and I know people who are that lazy who don't smoke weed. Unfortunately there are a lot of people like that. And why should people be forced to leave their jobs, their homes and their friends to seek medical relief? That's like saying anyone who has a child with cerebral palsy should move if they want their child to be treated like any other child. With all due respect your attitude is what is wrong with this country: Do it my way or the highway! When marijuana is legalized no one will force you to smoke up, you are still free to live your life without it. Buy why should others be forced to live life your way?

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"smoking weed to get high is stupid i don't like it so it should be illegal" - Half of OSA

"shooting guns is stupid and i don't like it so it should be illegal" - 80% of California

"ugh i hate California" "Come and take 'em" "Commiefornia" - 100% of OSA

The viewpoint of "i don't like something so it should be illegal" is a very pro government, libtard thing to do.

NOW SUFFER IN YOUR NEWLY DISCOVERED LIBERAL SHAME

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you like it best when the government coddles you... mmmkay

"So you like it best when the government coddles you... mmmkay"

CHenry
This is a perfect example of your typical hit and run tactics......you post BS like this when you know he did not say or mean what you insinuate......yet you throw these little bombs out there just to bait people into an argument and then act like you did nothing wrong.

Last edited:

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a perfect example of your typical hit and run tactics......you post BS like this when you know he did not say or mean what you insinuate......yet you throw these little bombs out there just to bait people into an argument and then act like you did nothing wrong.
Get a room, you two. :kiss:

Latest posts

Top Bottom