Response to found gun thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a Captain that was an ROTC instructor at Alva. Cpt. Whisenant was back from Viet Nam and was residing on post on Captain's Row on Fort Sill when his house was burglarized. His modest gun collection was gone. About a year later the Comanche County Sheriff called and invited him to a sit down with him. When he arrived, he was introduced to the sheriff, a detective, and an ATF agent. On the table in front of him were all of his guns that were stolen.

After the formal introductions were over the sheriff began,

Is this your Remmington 22?

Yes

Is this your Remmington 870?

Yes

Is this your Remington 1100?

Yes

Is this your Savage 30.06?

Yes

Is this your Winchester 70?

Yes

Is this your AK 47?

Uhh, let me see it, no, that is not my AK47.

Is this your .....

The sheriff pulled him to the side later and said, "I'm sure glad you were smart about what we were doing."

The captain just nodded his head and left with all of his guns, cept one.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
My truck was in the garage and we left the door cracked about 6 inches for the cat. My daughter misjudged and had it cracked about a foot high one night. Some skinny methhead was able to squeeze under and get a Smith model 10 from my console. A year later a well known doctors daughter that was a heroin addict pawned it. I was notified that the cops had my gun. I told them that I had the receipt and if I could come get it. Nope, had to pay $10 to get my name on the court docket. They kept calling me every week for 4 months to tell me that the date had been postponed. No reason given. Finally got a date and wasted a whole day to hand the receipt to the judge. Judge said go to the evidence area to pick it up. Total waste of time. This was OKC

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A hardware store in Lawton had a gun stolen and it was confiscated by tribal police when they caught the perp. It will probably be more work to get it back than what it is worth.

Magmaviper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a Captain that was an ROTC instructor at Alva. Cpt. Whisenant was back from Viet Nam and was residing on post on Captain's Row on Fort Sill when his house was burglarized. His modest gun collection was gone. About a year later the Comanche County Sheriff called and invited him to a sit down with him. When he arrived, he was introduced to the sheriff, a detective, and an ATF agent. On the table in front of him were all of his guns that were stolen.

After the formal introductions were over the sheriff began,

Is this your Remmington 22?

Yes

Is this your Remmington 870?

Yes

Is this your Remington 1100?

Yes

Is this your Savage 30.06?

Yes

Is this your Winchester 70?

Yes

Is this your AK 47?

Uhh, let me see it, no, that is not my AK47.

Is this your .....

The sheriff pulled him to the side later and said, "I'm sure glad you were smart about what we were doing."

The captain just nodded his head and left with all of his guns, cept one.
So they put an AK-47 out to see if he would claim it as his own even though it wasn't? Your last sentence made it seem unclear.

Latest posts

Top Bottom