Response to snarky sellers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMO, get over it and move on.

You made an offer, you got a response, will anything you do change the their mind? Is any of this worth the effort you have wasted on it?

There are two sides to every story, imagine there is a guy on another forum complaining about people making low offers and over valuing their trades...

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a custom Glock 43. I bought it new for the Blue Label price of $358 from GT Distributors. I paid $10 to Sooner State Pawn to transfer it. I put a Kineti-Tech Flat Trigger in it, I think it was $79 for the trigger shoe mounted on an OEM bar, polished the innards a little bit by hand, and bought a Fiber Optic Front Sight from Dawson Precision for it for something like $40. I bought an RM Lowrider Kydex, ($65) a Tueller Holsters Pancake, ($85) and a TT Gunleather IWB. ($121). A Talon Grip set me back another $18 or so. All together, I have over $750 in this custom Glock 43. I have shot it a lot. A whole lot. The finish is surprisingly scabby looking...probably from sticking it in and out of that dirty, sandy, gritty kydex holster a bunch of times. It is 100% reliable, (yeah, I know, big surprise there; I mean, it's a Glock) and oh yeah, I got a new RSA not long ago for it just cuz. So figure with all the stuff, plus my time, and all the custom work I've done to it, I have like $900 - $1,000 in this custom gun. I'd let it go for a measly $700 CASH, firm, or maybe trade it even up for a new S&W 686 or 629 snubbie, or a CZ P-01 or Walther PPQ in 9mm + $200 cash on your end. It's a custom G43 after all. It's worth $900 - 1,000 bucks, after all.

*(Actual value of this gun would really be more like $325). It really is a good little pistol, but it looks like crap and nobody wants some gun some kitchen-table hack has cobbled together just so he can say it's a custom gun. In reality, it would be worth more, maybe $360, IF I had just left it unmolested. But noooooooooooooo, I had to go and make it a custom.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a friend who sets up at the gun shows from time to time. He invited me to bring some of my stuff and see what it was like on the other side of the table.

Most of what I had was holsters, accessories, a few knives and stuff like that. I had priced everything at what I thought was slightly higher than fair price for a used item. From years of walking around gun shows, I know that EVERYONE is there to spend as little money as possible and that some lowballing was the norm.

Very few people walked up and paid the sticker price. I expected that. All the rest tried to get me to knock 50% or more off. There was some haggling, some walked and some walked away happy. One guy in particular started out with a huffy attitude telling me he could get it cheaper online. I told him that if he could, that’s what he needed to do. He came back three more times repeating the same thing and I wouldn’t budge. He finally left.

If I sell something, it’s something I no longer need, use, want or to get something else I want. I’m not in it for business and I try to make a fair deal. Who knows, I may want to buy something from that same person some day.

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like this email on one of my Armslist guns

Thanks for getting back to me, i will let you know when i put the check in the mail and i`m willing to give you $449 including an extra $100 for you to secure the purchase for me plus the Dealer`s money which i dont know the exact amount he want me to include in the payment for now as soon as i know i will keep you updated and upon clearance of the check you are to deduct your $549 in total and have the remaining available for him. I would let you know how he want the money to be sent to him when you have the cash at hand. Please remove the ad from the site so i can be rest assured that the item is mine and let me know if you are OK with my offer before i mail the check to you.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like this email on one of my Armslist guns

Thanks for getting back to me, i will let you know when i put the check in the mail and i`m willing to give you $449 including an extra $100 for you to secure the purchase for me plus the Dealer`s money which i dont know the exact amount he want me to include in the payment for now as soon as i know i will keep you updated and upon clearance of the check you are to deduct your $549 in total and have the remaining available for him. I would let you know how he want the money to be sent to him when you have the cash at hand. Please remove the ad from the site so i can be rest assured that the item is mine and let me know if you are OK with my offer before i mail the check to you.

Hey now, that was a private email twixt us, for that i'm not going to mail the check!

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's another thing! Folks who get Blue label guns then sell them. Unless you pay the FET on I believe ATF form 4 you can't transfer that gun to anyone not a blue label eligible individual. Then I believe you need proof of eligibility from the individual on file for ten years. I make sure any Glock offered to me at a gun show is either retail labeled or somehow missing the label.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's another thing! Folks who get Blue label guns then sell them. Unless you pay the FET on I believe ATF form 4 you can't transfer that gun to anyone not a blue label eligible individual. Then I believe you need proof of eligibility from the individual on file for ten years. I make sure any Glock offered to me at a gun show is either retail labeled or somehow missing the label.
Got a link to that?

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A Form-4 is used for NFA transfers. Class-3, full auto, SBR, AOW, SBS, Suppressors.....stuff like that.

Blue Label guns are “not supposed” to be resold, but I don’t believe ATF would be involved if it were. As I understand, any person qualified to purchase a pistol on the program can only buy two per year with an agreement to not resell for a certain period of time. The program is VERY abused.

Glock gets a little upset when dealers try to cheat their customers. During the 94-04 AWB, Outdoor America was pulling hi-cap mags from new guns and sold Glocks with only one magazine and selling those mags them for elevated prices. They were reported to Glock and lost their distributor status. I don’t know what they had to do to get it back, but the last gun I ever bought from them before they closed was a 21SF.

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A Form-4 is used for NFA transfers. Class-3, full auto, SBR, AOW, SBS, Suppressors.....stuff like that.

Blue Label guns are “not supposed” to be resold, but I don’t believe ATF would be involved if it were. As I understand, any person qualified to purchase a pistol on the program can only buy two per year with an agreement to not resell for a certain period of time. The program is VERY abused.

Glock gets a little upset when dealers try to cheat their customers. During the 94-04 AWB, Outdoor America was pulling hi-cap mags from new guns and sold Glocks with only one magazine and selling those mags them for elevated prices. They were reported to Glock and lost their distributor status. I don’t know what they had to do to get it back, but the last gun I ever bought from them before they closed was a 21SF.
I worked for a dealer back during the time the gen 4's came out. He would pull one mag out of each box and mark out the label where it read 3 magazines. Finally got so many folks calling him on it he quit. Same guy would pull the Rings from Ruger 77's

Latest posts

Top Bottom