Response to snarky sellers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use to really enjoy the back and forth. If someone hit me with a ridiculous offer I would explain to them why said offer was ridiculous and get ready for the "snarky" reply...then again tell them why they're a silly goose and do my absolute best to belittle their soul.

these days whether the offer is low ball or the original comment is ******, I just respectfully decline. Actually feels better to kill with kindness.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i posted my magnetospeed chrono here last week, and at another forum. no interest here even tho i priced it 50 bucks off new because it had made 3 range trips. a fellow at the other forum wanted to trade some 38 super ammo for it, i was in favor of that type trade, he offered 4 boxes of ammo for an object i priced for 130 bucks, he thought it a good fair deal. i sent him the link to SGA showing he was offering me $80 in ammo for a $130 object, and told him i could not make that trade, he countered with he bought the ammo during the ammo scare a few years back and likely paid too much for it, and he up'd his offer to 6 boxes. that was closer so i did the deal. maybe i snarked a teensy bit

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i posted my magnetospeed chrono here last week, and at another forum. no interest here even tho i priced it 50 bucks off new because it had made 3 range trips. a fellow at the other forum wanted to trade some 38 super ammo for it, i was in favor of that type trade, he offered 4 boxes of ammo for an object i priced for 130 bucks, he thought it a good fair deal. i sent him the link to SGA showing he was offering me $80 in ammo for a $130 object, and told him i could not make that trade, he countered with he bought the ammo during the ammo scare a few years back and likely paid too much for it, and he up'd his offer to 6 boxes. that was closer so i did the deal. maybe i snarked a teensy bit

Hell...if I thought that logic worked, I would have at least offered you a brick of WWB .22LR for the chrono. :disappoin

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry no not even sure if this is correct just that the amount off of dealer on a blue label exactly matches the pittman robertson act 11% FET. If the blue label program pays the FET it's ok but if like activating an AR kit using a 07 license you must submit a form 4.
A Form-4 is used for NFA transfers. Class-3, full auto, SBR, AOW, SBS, Suppressors.....stuff like that.

Blue Label guns are “not supposed” to be resold, but I don’t believe ATF would be involved if it were. As I understand, any person qualified to purchase a pistol on the program can only buy two per year with an agreement to not resell for a certain period of time. The program is VERY abused.

Glock gets a little upset when dealers try to cheat their customers. During the 94-04 AWB, Outdoor America was pulling hi-cap mags from new guns and sold Glocks with only one magazine and selling those mags them for elevated prices. They were reported to Glock and lost their distributor status. I don’t know what they had to do to get it back, but the last gun I ever bought from them before they closed was a 21SF.
I couldn't find anything that said Blue Label guns cant be re-sold to anyone other than LEOs. Sounds to me that this is only a manufacturers stipulation for a lower price tag

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my experience there are significantly more low-balling tire kickers in this world than there are sellers who are snarky for no reason.

Truth.. There is some cop in Tulsa that never fails to offer $300 for a Glock if I put one on Armslist. I just don't respond. Trading used to be fun for me but I'm getting to the point where I think I'll just mostly keep what I have.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dealing with "the public" includes all kinds of folks, mostly good people (or at least I hope so), and some not so much.

Sellers/buyers past their teens should be aware of that fact IMO.
:drunk2:

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Truth.. There is some cop in Tulsa that never fails to offer $300 for a Glock if I put one on Armslist. I just don't respond. Trading used to be fun for me but I'm getting to the point where I think I'll just mostly keep what I have.

Screw him...I'll give you $325.

Are you local to OKC? If not, you'd meet in OKC right?
BTW...you do layaway right???

Latest posts

Top Bottom