Responses to milsurps at the range?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I usually get some attention when I take my SOCOM 16 to the range. People usually remark about how compact it is--and how loud it is.

A commercially-produced (and shortened) version of the M14 doesn't quite qualify as a milsurp :wink2: But I can see how such a rifle would get a lot of looks when lit off.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do have 1 milsurp that always gets attention, now that I think of it. Its usually ignored when I pull it out, but after the first shot and peoples ears are ringing and cursing at my direction, they come over to see WTF I'm shooting. This has been dubbed as the 'Hadouken" by some people at banner road, due to how obnoxiously loud it is and the fireball it spits out. I originally intended to thread this for a brake, but decided against it. I have to wear artillery plugs or double hearing protection if I'm shooting this an any type of walled bay.

Not exactly milsurp anymore... I really should buy another mosin with a better bore to cut down and bubba identical to this one. This current rifle is almost a smooth bore now... o.0

www.aestus.net_pics_mosin2.jpg

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haduken is quite possibly the coolest gun nickname ever. If I ever get or build an SBR AR I am so going to engraved that on the dust cover.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haduken is quite possibly the coolest gun nickname ever. If I ever get or build an SBR AR I am so going to engraved that on the dust cover.

I've decided that the 300 blackout SBR I'm building will either be dubbed "King Leonidas" or "C'thun" in honor of the dreadfull AQ40 encounter in WoW. LoLz.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do have 1 milsurp that always gets attention, now that I think of it. Its usually ignored when I pull it out, but after the first shot and peoples ears are ringing and cursing at my direction, they come over to see WTF I'm shooting. This has been dubbed as the 'Hadouken" by some people at banner road, due to how obnoxiously loud it is and the fireball it spits out. I originally intended to thread this for a brake, but decided against it. I have to wear artillery plugs or double hearing protection if I'm shooting this an any type of walled bay.

Not exactly milsurp anymore... I really should buy another mosin with a better bore to cut down and bubba identical to this one. This current rifle is almost a smooth bore now... o.0

www.aestus.net_pics_mosin2.jpg
Sell me the M44 stock if you reuse that one, please.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am surprised you don't get any comments at Red Castle. I have had several conversations, albeit generally with eldery men, about various mil-surps I shoot. The only people I am not particularly friendly with are the people that go to the bench rest range and shoot as fast as they can at the 25 yard target. It gets annoying and tears of the target backer quickly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom