Responses to milsurps at the range?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, but there are a lot more $99 mosins at the gun club that legit 03A4s.

You know as well as I do that you can look like a Fudd without actually being one. Just don't expect anyone to assume you're not one if you look like one.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last time I was at Happy Hollow, I had K11, a K98A, and an H&R in .444 Marlin. A couple of rednecks came over to my bench while I was putting up targets and when I got back they were commenting how nice the $175 H&R shot-show demo rifle was.

I seem to get more of the "Is that safe to shoot??" comments than compliments on my milsurps for some reason.

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get more reactions by shooting offhand standing -- while everyone else is fiddling at the bench and admiring their group sizes. Rarely do they care that I'm using a Garand.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 3 milsurps. 1 Garand and 2 Mosins. I have had about the same amount of "attention" out of either style rifle. Every once in a while someone will comment on my AR. They usually ask why there isn't a flash suppressor or why is it so heavy.

OKC_Jim

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you folks shooting milsurps at a range get comments on your firearms from other shooters?

From reading some of the other forums it sounds like guys shooting milsurps get swamped with attention. That hasn't been my experience. I shoot regularly and the vast majority of the time it is with some variety of milsurp. Occasionally I might get some polite interest, but it is never at the level that some on other forums claim to have.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get a little attention when I take "Annie" out for some air:
[Broken External Image]
J/K. I usually get some attention when I take my SOCOM 16 to the range. People usually remark about how compact it is--and how loud it is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom