Restaurants to try in OKC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When was that?

I tried it about twenty years ago after hearing for ten years how great it was. I was hugely disappointed. There was nothing about the place that made a good impression on me.

I can't afford the high dollar dining options in the OKC area so there isn't anywhere that stands out as real special to me.

I do get to craving a chili cheeseburger from "Ron's Hamburgers and Chili" now and then.

I also had a good breakfast meal at a place called "Good Gravy" a couple of times.
I believe there's a Ron's in MWC now on Douglas Blvd. between S.E. 15th and S.E. 29th.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Trappers
Cheevers
The Ranch $$$
Cajun Corner
Brielle’s Bistro
The Chicken Shack
Cornish Smokehouse
Off the hook
The Fix
Rocky Mountain Grill
Joeys Pizzeria
There are a few on that list I've been wanting to try.

I haven't heard of Cajun Corner. I'll have check it out.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the choices so far, I have tried a few of the ones mentioned and either I wasn't impressed (Trappers) or my wife didn't like it (Off the Hook)...Trappers comes recommended often, but the one time I ate there the prices were way higher than the food I got, maybe its just what I ordered? Anyway, keep em coming!

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the choices so far, I have tried a few of the ones mentioned and either I wasn't impressed (Trappers) or my wife didn't like it (Off the Hook)...Trappers comes recommended often, but the one time I ate there the prices were way higher than the food I got, maybe its just what I ordered? Anyway, keep em coming!

Like most places, the item ordered will make all the difference in a persons experience at a particular restaurant.
I left out Razzoo’s on my list. It was always a favorite stop when I was in the DFW area. I try to make it there once a month now that the have one in OKC.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are a few on that list I've been wanting to try.

I haven't heard of Cajun Corner. I'll have check it out.

There are two locations. I’ve only been to the one on 23rd/235.

Like everywhere, some of the items are better than others. I like the smothered/blackened catfish. I have them put it on dirty rice instead of the white rice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom