Restaurants to try in OKC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Aztec grille at 40th and N May, family took over from the chain it used to be part of and you can tell. Husband and Wife team run it and treat you like family. Food is great and service is outstanding.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As for Mexican food, the wife and I like Abuelo's up on Memorial, north of the Kirkpatrick turnpike and just west of North May avenue.

The last time we were there, they were still social distancing, but if you go for lunch during the week, they weren't too busy. Evenings though, can be a bit hectic, especially so on a Friday or Saturday night.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My favorite little diner for breakfast and lunch only is Sherri's Diner on SW 59th, just east of Western. Everything is good!

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+1 on Tarahumara's.

I had to stop in there tonight after this thread.

IMG_2163.jpg

There is chicken hiding under there. Awesome.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Green Chili Kitchen in Yukon is my favorite Mexican joint. Bad Brads bbq down the street from there is pretty good too.
Man, I forgot about the Green Chili. I even know the owners and some friends of ours daughter is a hostess/waitress there. Duh!

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Correct, just West of there. Uncle Julio’s almost next door is supposed to be really good also.

If'n you want a really good specialty margarita, Uncle Julio's is your place! Pricey? Yes, but ah so good!

Their salsa is also a little bit different --- looks more brown than red. Very tasty. Has a flavor in it that I can't quite place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom